|Job Ref:||204632877||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:01|
Position - Senior Project Manager|
Salary Range - £ competitive salary £ plus full package, car or car allowance, healthcare, matched pension, share options.
Location - Within 1 hours commute of Gloucester.
Projects type - Commercial, Education, MOD, Health, Fire Stations and multi frameworks
Size of Project - £2million to £100million
Kier Construction is currently looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated managers. With our diverse portfolio of projects we are looking for an established Senior Project manager who have a wealth of knowledge through the main contracting market. Experience of running your own schemes up to £20-25million is attractive to this region and is the type of experience we look for within our Senior Project Managers. We are also looking for managers who have a passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a good and healthy team environment. We understand this approach is essential to ensure quality finished projects within budget and on time for our clients.
The Team and the Region:
The Gloucester Office and it's team have completed some outstanding projects to date and with a full order book for the coming years we are in place to continue this performance. Our team has been formed for several years now and work in a coherent and professional manner who deliver on what is set out for our clients which is shown by the repeat business from the client base. There is a huge element of being proud of achieving this quality for our clients and the feedback we receive is within this nature. Our team also believes in developing existing staff to improve on their experience to give people the opportunity of having longevity in their careers with Kier Construction.
* Lead the planning and implementation of designated projects
* Establish a project plan from inception to completion taking into account all relevant statutory and client requirements, establish targets with respect to project delivery; monitor and report on progress against these targets.
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects including management and delivery of project milestones
* Effectively manage and maintain appropriate budget cost
* Manage the decision making process by carrying out all necessary liaison and negotiations with all parties involved ensuring value for money
* Carry out contract administration including financial management, liaising with external consultants where employed
* Produce the Contract Programme, short term programmes, as built programmes and monitor / report progress as required.
* Resolve technical problems ensuring work is carried out to the correct specification and QA standards.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
* Relevant qualifications and experience as a Project Manager
* Full understanding of current Health & Safety Legislation
* Knowledge and experience of partnering and target cost framework contracts
* Sound judgement and problem solving skills
* Commercial and contractual awareness
Kier Group plc is a leading property, residential, construction and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate (globally) across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a head office at Tempsford Hall in Bedfordshire and a network of 88 UK offices (105 globally) Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, with a turnover of over £4bn and an order book of £9.5bn, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service (or asset management) contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer