|Job Ref:||204632935||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:01|
Position - Senior Site Manager|
Salary Range - £ competitive salary £ plus full package, car or car allowance, healthcare, matched pension and share options.
Location - Within 1 hours commute of Cambridge.
Projects type - Commercial, Education, MOD, Health, Fire Stations and multi frameworks
Size of Project - £2 million to £60 million
Kier Construction is currently looking for an experienced Senior Site Manager to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated managers. With our diverse portfolio of projects we are looking for established managers who have a wealth of knowledge through the main contracting market. Experience of running your own schemes up to £10million and experience of being part of a team on bigger schemes is attractive to this region and is the type of experience we look for within our Senior Site Managers. We are also looking for managers who have a passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a good and healthy team environment. We understand this approach is essential to ensure quality finished projects within budget and on time for our clients.
The Team and the Region:
The Cambridge office and it's team have completed some outstanding projects to date and with a full order book for the coming years we are in place to continue this performance. Our team has been formed for several years now and work in a coherent and professional manner who deliver on what is set out for our clients which is shown by the repeat business from the client base. There is a huge element of being proud of achieving this quality for our clients and the feedback we receive is within this nature. Our team also believes in developing existing staff to improve on their experience to give people the opportunity of having longevity in their careers with Kier Construction.
* Assist in the provision of a safe, efficient and cost effective service stream on all areas of service delivery ensuring the highest quality of work is provided in the timescales determined by the contract.
* Develop site specific plans with Senior Management and continually review, Implement, monitor and enforce procedures.
* Review method statements and risk assessments to ensure compliance with Kier procedures, arrange and chair pre-start meetings with sub - contractors and attend hand - over meeting with pre-construction team.
* Be familiar with site team target and monitor progress against this target through discussion with Senior Manager.
* Issue correct notices and relevant contractual correspondence to sub-contractors at the appropriate time
* Instigate, control and run projects from contract award to handover within budgetary constraints.
* Manage designated projects to meet company objectives post-contract with an input into pre-contract requirements emphasising customer care and business excellence.
* Discharge Health and Safety responsibilities in accordance with Kier Group Safety, Health and Environment Management System ('KGSHEMS') requirements
* Understand the site's financial position at all times and contribute to forecasts
* Maintain accurate site diaries for all activities and highlight any risk items to appropriate manager
* Control and monitor day works for subcontractors
* Demonstrate a good level of financial/technical knowledge in meeting the business and customer objectives.
* Be aware of the production, on-going analysis & mitigation of project risks.
* Assist with the production of short term programmes.
* Maintain a good level of understanding of construction techniques, problems and solutions, and work closely together with Site Technical Staff to review and develop appropriate techniques and cost effective solutions.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Holds the relevant qualifications (i.e. management qualification at NVQ level 3 or equivalent)
* Previous industry experience
* Proven experience in the management and development of employees and teams
* Flexible with working hours and have the ability to travel within the local area on a regional and national basis when required
* Ability to take ownership and solve problems and implement actions
* Commitment to customer care and customer focus
* Awareness of operative skill areas other than primary trade
Kier Group plc. is a leading construction, property, residential and services group which invests in, builds, maintains and renews the places where we work, live and play. We operate globally across a range of sectors including defence, education, health, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. Listed on the London Stock Exchange, we are a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
With a network of 88 UK offices Kier offers national coverage across all of its core activities. Employing 22,000 people, Kier has the financial strength and technical expertise to undertake some of the most significant construction, civil engineering and service contracts in the country.
Kier is an equality and diversity employer