|Job Ref:||204636100||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||St. Albans||Address:||Post Code:||AL1||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum full benefits package||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:41|
I am looking for a Civils Estimator to join a contractor specialising in Electrical, Signalling and Power works across the Rail Infrastructure. This would be based in their St. Albans office and a competitive salary is offered dependant on experience. |
The main purpose of this role is to support the Pre-Construction team in providing a timely and professional estimating service across both Underground, Network Rail and Commercial projects.
* Responsible for compiling estimates, working out how much it will cost to provide the client with products or services.
* Assessing materials, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Be able to work from a bill of quantities or just a set of drawings from the client.
* Provide prices for everything from a one-off scheme to maintenance projects which will be completed over several years.
* Ability to produce and author Bid deliverables including methodologies.
* Combine site experience with quantity surveying skills, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis.
* Get the best price that will win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, while ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably. The best price isn't always the lowest one, clients now award contracts based on quality of the services offered, as well as cost. So when bidding for new works a quality submission is required along with the estimated price.
* An appreciation of data confidentiality and be aware of things like price trends and regulations.
* Deadlines can mean long hours, be methodical, keep good records, understand Client documents, seek and take advice, and challenge yourself and others.
* Spend most of the time in the office, but not always 9 to 5. The pressure and fixed nature of deadlines for tender submissions means that late nights may sometimes be needed.
* Working within a team environment, but also be able to use their own initiative.
* Overnight stays are rare, but occasionally may need to travel to meet clients on site.
* Ad hoc tasks as required by the department
Skills and Experience:
* Good knowledge and experience of Civil Estimating
* Experience with LU, Network Rail and Commercial Projects as well as civil works, Heating & Ventilating and High Voltage would be advantageous but not essential.
* Organisational and presentational skills are crucial
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* The ability to manage projects and meet tight deadlines.
* Enthusiastic, proactive team player
* Strong problem solving ability and a keen attention to detail
* Excellent IT Skills
If you are interested in this role please give me a call on NA and apply below