|Job Ref:||204636164||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tower Hamlets||Address:||Salary:||£23.29 - £29.00/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:41|
This organisation are looking for a Development Viability Officer who is a post-grad qualified planner or surveyor i.e. RTPI or RICS eligible on a temporary basis for 3 months initially.|
* To lead on development viability projects and/or programmes in relation to infrastructure
* To lead and develop a range of complex projects including infrastructure, capital, service improvement and efficiency projects.
* To review, critically assess, test and provide advice on the contents of financial viability assessments provided with planning applications (or at pre-application stage).
* To analyse, develop and report upon data from a wide range of sources to support strategic decision making and strategy development.
* To provide detailed and high level briefings and reports to colleagues, senior managers and/or politicians.
* To provide flexible project management expertise and resources, as a key member of and/or lead role in project based teams in any of the service areas covered by the Directorate.
* To be a key member and/or project lead of dedicated multi-disciplinary support team/s providing a responsive and high quality support service to their dedicated work areas.
* To plan, monitor and deliver high quality consultation events and processes in relation to projects and or processes within the service; as well as offer guidance and expertise to more
junior colleagues during these processes.
* To seek and lead bids for funding, in relation to available mechanisms for infrastructure projects.
* To lead, plan and deliver first class communications in relation to specific project and programmes led by the service, liaising with communications specialists where required.
* To prepare procurement specifications, commission and provide the management of any number of contracts day to day.
* To create, maintain and manage relationships with colleagues, partnership organisations and community groups.
* To ensure the delivery of the Council's equality objectives and engage extensively in team planning/service planning initiatives.
* To undertake site assessments on a regular basis, in line with the Council's health and safety requirements, in relation to various team projects and programmes.
* To represent the Council at Public Inquiries, in relation to specific expert subject matter.
* To make regular site visits, to assess site characteristics and report back to team and project members.
* To manage any number of more junior team members, on any number of projects and programmes.
* To take responsibility for any number of high level projects and programmes and manage the high level budgets attached to them.
* To manage the work of any number of contracts (and related consultant teams), working on specific project commissions in the team.
You should match the following criteria:
* RTPI or RICS accredited post graduate degree
* Detailed and extensive knowledge of key issues relating to the planning and delivery of large scale initiatives and projects within inner London,including detailed knowledge relating to CIL,S106, other funding mechanisms and related processes.
* Detailed knowledge and expertise of planning legislation and policy at national, London and local planning authority level.
* Detailed knowledge of the operation of financial viability appraisals and toolkits to support decision making on planning
applications and in providing pre-application advice.
* Detailed and extensive knowledge and expertise of key project management techniques, tools and processes to enable
successful project delivery.
To apply please forward your CV ASAP
Fusion People are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website