|Job Ref:||204636632||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£33000 - £35000/annum Car + Benefits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:59|
Are you an experienced facilities manager from a soft services background? Are you looking for your next challenge with one of the UKs most revered FM contractors? If so, then I have your next role! |
My client, one of the UKs biggest construction and FM contractors, is looking for an experienced facilities or soft services manager from a soft services background to work on one of their newly won contracts in Cambridge. We are looking for a flexible, customer focussed and client facing manager to take care of all soft services on a static site.
Experience within the education sector is advantageous but not essential. I have confirmed interview dates for the signed off role, along with an immediate start for the successful candidate. Please do not hesitate and apply today!
* To ensure that all business and service level requirements are achieved for the designated business unit.
* To ensure that the service provided to the facilities meets the contract specification and is managed in a compliant and safe manner.
* To manage the effective and efficient utilisation of all available resources including labour, materials, plant, vehicles and other resources.
* To act at all times in accordance with the client's Group Policies, Processes and systems.
* To monitor, evaluate and control the use of sub-contractors and suppliers.
* To monitor, evaluate and control the performance of all labour resources.
* To ensure that all planned and preventative maintenance programmes are completed to time and budget.
* To compile and prepare tenders
* To assist the contract manager in the financial and commercial activities of the contracts
* To assist in the broader operational management of the service, including covering for other managers and contributing to the planning and development of the service.
* To deputise for the contract manager as required.
* Organise/Coordinate and assist with the compiling and production of various reports including Monthly reports, Lifecycle Condition Surveys and various other specific projects
* To meet and exceed contract specific KPI's and ensure contract compliance at all times.
* Provide specialist input as required across all FM contracts including assistance with Bids/Tenders when necessary.
* Compliance with ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 at all times
* To facilitate and procure training as required.
* Minimise potential performance and availability deductions by expediting repairs in a timeous manner.
* To engage with the client and attend meetings as required
* To ensure full compliance with relevant health and safety requirements, including acting as a safety representative for the designated business unit.
* To promote the highest possible level of customer care.
* To ensure all company systems and procedures are implemented at all times.
* To cover as required in the absence of the Operations Manager.
* To ensure compliance with all company policies including equal opportunities.
* To carry out any other duties necessary for the delivery of the service.
* To participate in the branch call-out rota where necessary
* Read, Understand and Comply with the SHE Policy and Procedures.
* Ensure that relevant Task Specific Risk Assessments are available for tasks such as but not limited to Work at Height, Electrical, Gas, COSHH and Manual Handling.
* Develop a concern for personal safety and the safety of others.
* Report and Record Near Miss situations.
* Take care of your own health and safety and the safety of others whilst at work and ensure you do not cause harm to others or the environment through your acts or omissions.
* Ensure Good Housekeeping at all times.
Person Specification & Qualifications
* Management experience within a Cleaning environment
* Experience of managing a multi-site operation within a contract environment.
* Membership of Bic's desirable
* Can demonstrate and understanding of cleaning process and management
* Experience of Staff and operative management.
* Experience of Budget management.
* Experience of Sub-contractor management.
* Ability to prioritise work within a range of complex work areas.
* Knowledge of industry health and safety requirements. Prepare relevant SHE documentation and guide colleagues to comply with health and safety regulations.
* To relate to clients positively, compromisingly and sensitively, communicating effectively.
* Whilst working hours are contracted, the post holder will be expected to take a responsible attitude to delivering work objectives, which may involve on occasion working longer hours.
* To work as a team member and to comply with set objectives and procedures.
* The ability to obtain enhanced PVG clearance through Disclosure Scotland is essential.
* To be creative to expand the designated business area.
* A current clean driving licence is essential.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business