|Job Ref:||204637251||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Salary:||£29000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:59|
I am currently recruiting fr one of the UK's largest providers of fire and security service through their various engineering avenues who due to recently expanding their social housing portfolio has a very exciting opportunity for progression for an experienced Fire & Security commissioning/installation engineer.|
The work would entail installing of all types of security alarm products, CCTV , access control , monitoring systems (dual comm , redcare etc) along with fire alarms, conventional and addressable, Sprinkler systems etc.
You would be expected to be on a call out rota for out of hours call outs when required.
A van, uniform , mobile phone and laptop would be provided.
- Experience in BS5839 parts 1 & 6 - Service & Maintenance and an understanding of Design and installation (For both Conventional and Addressable Fire alarm systems)
- Experience in BS5266 Service & Maintenance and an understanding of Design and installation.
- Experience in BS9991 Service & Maintenance and an understanding of Design and installation.
- Electrical qualifications as per BS7671; City & Guilds Electrical Installations (Not essential but should be able to prove competency in safe isolation)
- Experience in fault finding diagnostics, with the confidence to carryout initial assessments on unfamiliar systems. (i.e. Door Entry, Access Control, CCTV and Gates & Barriers)
- FIA certification desired (modules 1, 4, 5 & ICEL Emergency Lighting)
- Willing to train and adapt to technological advances
- Good communication skills with the Office / Managers / Client
- Must have and continue to have at all times:
-Have a valid right to work in the UK,
-Hold a valid UK driving licence,
-Successful screening check to NSI Gold standard or as required by the Company.
This list is not exhaustive and elements of the role may alter or develop over time in line with the needs of the business