|Job Ref:||204637263||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£10000/month||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:59|
I am currently recruiting on behalf of one of the largest providers of fire and security engineering solutions in he UK who due to a rapid increase are looking to recruit a highly skilled Lead Engineer from a fire and security background to join them on one of the their social housing contracts in the South East area of London. |
- You will be required on a day to day basis to manage defined Engineering resource (PAYE and Sub-Contract) for one or multiple clients predominantly at social sector or local authority sites.
- To effectively plan, control and manage resources ensuring that strategic, contractual and budgetary commitments are met.
- To focus on delivering exceptional customer service to meet a first time right commitment, maintaining attainment of Client KPIs and meeting the financial objectives of the Contract.
- To ensure field compliance in every aspect meeting defined Company, Statutory or Accreditation requirements.
- To represent the Company and interface with Clients or other third parties as required; first point of contact on any site for Clients.
- Familiarising self with Client and Contract requirements at the outset including all service, financial, quality and compliance aspects cascading relevant details to team as required.
- Managing an Engineering population for designated contracts including proactive resource planning, management of Engineer activity, ongoing performance management, team development and ensuring all Engineers operate in full compliance with all defined policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensuring field operations consistently operate at a high level of efficiency and quality (first time right) delivering a service in accordance with Client and Company KPIs / SLAs and that achieve the financial objectives of the Contract.
- Undertaking Health and Safety checks as required - addressing areas of concern with Engineers or Client and reporting to H&S tem as required.
- Ensuring Engineers manage their stock requirements efficiently in conjunction with the HO Administration team.
- Providing technical expertise in the field supporting Engineers as required and being hands on with jobs as required.
- Achieving a minimum completion rate target set by Contracts Manager and securing additional works to maximise the value of the contract.
- Maintaining effective communication with team, Client(s) and cross functionally.
- Reporting and proactively addressing any field performance issues swiftly escalating as required to the Contract Manager.
• A previous supervisory / management field based role essential
• An excellent knowledge of and extensive experience of multi-skilled service engineering within the Fire & Life Safety / Security industry particularly Door Entry, CCTV, Access Control, Warden Call, Gates & Barriers, Fire Detection & Alarms Systems, Fire Extinguishers
• Previous experience of working in social sector premises an advantage
• Strong awareness of relevant H&S requirements for operating in this role
• Strong financial awareness of Service Contract delivery - preferably attained in a similar environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good knowledge of relevant quality / accreditation standards
• Define qualifications required (educational and / or professional)
• Define knowledge of regulations or specific systems required
- Company Vehicle
- Company iPad & Phone
- Uniform & PPE
- 25 days holiday + 8 days Bank Holidays
- Auto-enrolment Pension after 3 months
- Annual Pay Award based on Performance Review