|Job Ref:||204637336||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum Plus Package||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:59|
Our client is one of the UK's leading and most well-respected Specialist Drylining, Suspended Ceilings and Partitioning Contractors. Based in London, for more than 20 years now they have been delivering the very best in bespoke solutions to both Private and Public sector clients across multiple markets, including Office & Commercial, Public Sector, High End residential and more. |
They are now in the market for a Document Controller, ideally suited to someone who is at an Intermediate Level and keen to progress their career in Site & Project Management.
About The Role of Document Controller
- The successful candidates will primarily be site based, involving a number of projects located around the south & south east of the UK.
- Managing and controlling the correct level, and flow, of information throughout the internal project team.
- Ensuring that the correct information is issued to the client's project team.
- Updating & issuing, short term construction programmes.
- Ensuring that any new documents, electronically issued onto BIW, are distributed to the relevant personnel.
- Updating various registers (training, drawing, fire stopping, plant & equipment, QA, site personnel etc.), with the latest information.
- Produce, as required, and in conjunction with our internal health & safety team, various permits required for specific work areas (hot works, working at height, etc.).
- Updating records for various visual inspection checks, carried out (fire extinguishers, lanyards, podium steps, MEWP's etc.).
- Booking weekly material & plant delivery slots.
- General site project office administration tasks.
- Good communication skills, and presentable appearance.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management, including direct contact with our clients.
- Ability to work to programme and deadlines, and be flexible to adapt to change.
- Must be computer literate in most Microsoft programmes, including: Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project.
- Previous knowledge, use, and understanding of construction information portals, such as: BIW, Conject, Four Site.
- Previous knowledge, use, and understanding of construction programming software, such as: Asta, Project, etc.
If you are interested in progressing your career in construction with one of the UK's Leading Specialist Sub-Contractors, please forward your CV in to Carl Tipping