|Job Ref:||204636948||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£0 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:59|
Senior Estimator - Derby |
Edge Careers' client are a family run business that have progress massively over the years and are now one of the Main Contractors in the Midlands. They are currently enjoying a very healthy turnover which they are hoping will increase to £100m by 2018.
All projects are within a daily commute from the office ensuring all employees are happy and not having to travel silly hours.
They predominantly focus on the Commercial/ Education & Healthcare sectors with projects ranging from £500k up to £60m.
* To ensure safe delivery of the tender on date of submission.
* To confidently present the estimate at the Finalisation Meeting supported by a fully priced net cost build up with a full knowledge and understanding of the project in the form of a fully completed Tender Quality Plan.
* To liaise with other members of the bid team as appropriate to ensure that all aspects of the tender documentation are fully understood and adequately responded to, advising all members of the team on cost, build ability and programme where appropriate.
* To have a good working knowledge of the local market, and comply with and promote the Core Supply Chain philosophy in the preparation of the tender enquiry list with the Bid Team.
* To ensure that the finalised estimate is properly signed off in accordance with the QA Procedures, and completion of the form of tender for signature by the Managing Director.
* To maintain regular contact with clients and consultant teams and to act at all times in accordance with the Company`s values as an ambassador and advisor, ensuring that working relationships with internal and external customers are consistent with the highest standards.
* To receive, acknowledge and check tender documentation and (along with other members of the Bid Team) raise queries relating to the tender documentation.
* To evaluate the tender information and prepare tender action plan and contribute to Bid Strategy (along with other members of the Bid Team).
* To attend any meetings with the Professional or Design teams both during and post tender.
* To evaluate and compare quotations received, and compile the price in a thorough, logical and consistent manner.
* Prepare full priced build-ups for Internal priced elements of work to assist in supplier and subcontractor selection and to ensure competitiveness
Our client are looking for someone who has Main Contracting/ Regional Contracting experience, working on respectable sized projects.
They are looking for someone who can add experience, quality and personality to their successful and family orientated business which can help them reach their aspirations in the Midlands.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Adam Parker at Edge Careers