|Job Ref:||204633992||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Salary:||£40000 - £48000/annum plus package||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:02|
Quantity Surveyor |
Our Client is a leading international infrastructure group. They finance, develop, build and maintain innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins daily life, supports communities and enables economic growth. They provide the essential infrastructure assets societies need to function, develop and thrive. Their teams operate across the full infrastructure lifecycle: finance, design and project manage, develop and construct, operate and maintain assets.
Their ground engineering division possesses the skills, equipment and experience to provide a solid foundation for every project. They work across all construction sectors, helping a variety clients achieve cost savings by fully value-engineering projects using the latest, innovative, creative design and tendering technology.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Major Projects team to work in the East Midlands. The purpose of the role is to ensure commercial & contractual control and co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a specified project or range of projects within ground engineering.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions
• Work in conjunction with the relevant Project Management team member(s), be accountable for the profitability of the project(s), and develop an appropriate commercial strategy for the project(s) to ensure delivery of required margins
• Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
• Work with other members of the team, produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
• Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
• Sound working knowledge of construction and contract law and various forms of Conditions of Contract
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes
• Knowledge of construction techniques on particular projects
• The ability to apply the knowledge and principles of commercial management to construction projects
• Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials
This challenging and exciting opportunity, requires an individual with a strong commercial background and demonstrable experience in the construction industry, any experience within the ground engineering sector would be advantageous. A highly attractive basic salary plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and forward career progression.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, religion/belief or nationality