|Job Ref:||204633866||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicestershire||Address:||Post Code:||LE65||Salary:||£150 - £200/day||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:02|
An exciting opportunity has arisen working for a Local Authority based in Leicestershire. My client is looking to recruit a Facilities Officer on a contract basis for at least 6 months with potential of further extension.|
The Facilities Officer is required to co-ordinate the provision of a range of building maintenance and facilities services relating to the Council's property, and delivering these using both directly employed and contract labour. To take specific responsibility for the day-to-day supervision of the Council's Public Car parks and the Cleaning and Caretaking at the main Council Offices and Public Toilets. The post holder will also be responsible for co-ordinating the day-to-day maintenance needs of Council Property (non Housing) and managing various planned maintenance and Capital Building projects under the direction of the Property maintenance Manager.
- To undertake the day to day supervision of the Public Car Parks, and Public Toilet operational teams, managing, developing and assisting staff within the team to achieve their maximum potential to ensure a top quality provision of service.
- To manage on a day-to-day basis the Council offices cleaning and caretaking staff and ensure that all maintenance, operational and cleaning works to the Council offices are carried out to the required timetable and standard.
- To carry out surveys and inspections, prepare schedules, and specifications and place orders for day-to-day and planned maintenance work to Council property. Also check and certify all certificates and invoices for payment, issue variation orders as required and prepare reports as necessary regarding on-site activity.
- To prepare specifications and tender documents for major building and capital schemes to Council properties, initiate and manage contracts, programmes, and schemes of work in accordance with the Council's financial and other regulations, ensuring that any variation orders and completion certificates are authorised and issued in an appropriate and timely manner.
- To supervise and monitor the work carried out by contractors on site to ensure satisfactory standards are achieved and that all instructions and specifications are complied with.
- To ensure that the Council's Health and Safety procedures are adhered to, and that safe working practices are observed by the post holder and others for whom she/he is responsible.
- To assist in the preparation and management of budgets, liaising with the Property maintenance Manager, Finance Department and other colleagues to ensure the production of timely and accurate information on past and forthcoming expenditure and commitments.
It is essential that the successful candidate has a minimum of 4 years gained in local authority property management or other relevant field.
Specific experience of:
- Building maintenance
- Facilities management
- Contract management and liaison
- Direct labour supervision
- Contract/tender document drafting
- Budgeting/budgetary control
- Managing a team
It is also essential that the successful candidate has an NVQ level 3 in building/facilities management.
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 1 week of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted