|Job Ref:||204632243||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Paddington||Address:||Post Code:||WA1||Salary:||£43000 - £46000/annum £3k car allowance||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:00|
Building Surveyor - 6 month maternity cover|
Paddington & Central London
£46K + £3k car allowance
Purpose Role: As a member of the in house Building Surveying team you will manage the maintenance of the fabric of the properties under management to the highest possible standards. Provide independent technical advice, project management services and budget advice on a consultancy basis to non-technical property managers. Deliver all services with a professional, impartial approach.
• Implement the Company's Planned Preventative Maintenance strategy, ensuring maintenance records, sign off and audit is correctly carried out.
• Checking that buildings facades are cleaned to the specified standard.
• Specify, tender and project manage new and remedial works. Ensure all works are executed to the correct specifications and deliver value for money.
• Assist Property Managers in compiling the annual Fabric maintenance budget figures based upon an individual maintenance plan generated for each building. Ensure each Property Manager is monitoring expenditure against budget.
• Investigate defects, recommend remedial works and manage resulting project works.
• Provide Long Term Asset Replacement budgeting and cost in use data.
• Review all O&M Documentation ensuring updates after major alterations.
• Identify all maintenance requirements, incorporating into each property maintenance plan.
• Contribute generally to the Company's vision, values and aims & objectives.
• Ensure that consistent best work practice is adopted across the portfolio.
• Carry out additional duties as may be agreed with the Senior Fabric Manager
• Defect Investigation
• Project Management
• Technical Understanding
• Working at Height
• Professional Approach
• Health & Safety
• Specification Writing
• Tender Management
• Contract Administration
• IT Skills
• Client experience
• Consultancy experience
• Professional service management
• Professional qualification
• Business Alignment
• Professional Integrity
• Unrivalled Customer Service
• Effective Communication
• Commercial Responsibility
• Results Orientated
• Impact & Influence
• Team Working
• Developing Self & Others