|Job Ref:||204632118||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Post Date:||07/10/2016 03:00|
A project Quantity Surveyor required to work on an number of Affordable Housing projects based out of the Client's Newcastle Office. The Quantity Surveyor will have a minimum 2-3 years experience of running their own projects.|
As the project Quantity Surveyor, the projects will largely be new build - including bungalows and medium sized residential units.
The client is a large multi-national Contractor with a Social Housing arm that will progress from a £15m profitable 2014 to an expected £40m for 2015.
With a healthy order book, the clients requires an experienced QS of affordable new build housing schemes to join an exciting team.
• To ensure that the financial and contractual needs of a contract are fully met in line with the required standards and time constraints.
• To accurately report to senior management the financial and contractual situation of the project.
• To ensure that the Company's procedures are adhered to.
• To support, advise and encourage staff on all commercial matters.
• To achieve target profit.
• To ensure all sub-contractors are procured to the programme, that the agreements are robust in all aspects and achieve best value for the Company.
• To prepare and submit detailed, accurate and timely interim applications for payment.
• To ensure that timely and proper actions (notices), etc., are taken/issued in accordance with the requirements of the contract/sub-contract.
• To be able to identify, prepare, submit and agree contractual claims.
• To ensure all payments are received by the due date.
• To value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
• To prepare, submit and agree all Final Accounts in a timely manner that achieves best value for the Company.
• To work with the Project Manager and other site staff.
• Ensure in conjunction with Project Manager, that the risk mitigation strategy is effectively managed.
• To demonstrate awareness of and assist as part of the site team to ensure that we comply with Health, Safety and
• Experience in a similar position.
• Good communication skills
• Excellent negotiating skills.
Please send your CV and contact details
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age