|Job Ref:||204637072||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Oxford||Address:||Post Code:||OX4||Salary:||£30000 - £50000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
DevOps Developer/Engineer - Influential Role - Oxford- BH |
DevOps Developer/Engineer is required by a Financial Software House company based in Oxford. The successful candidate will be developing and maintain tools and systems in support of the development activities, as well as providing direct assistance to other teams when required. You will be happy to use the most appropriate language and tools for the task, and where necessary learn to work in new environments.
You will have:
- Excellent academic qualifications including a 1st or 2:1 from a good University
- A passion for technology and an ability to pick up new concepts and technologies quickly
- The ability to apply your knowledge and problem solving skills to real problems and to deliver robust solutions both on your own and as part of a team
- Experience using both programming and scripting languages, such as Java or Python
- Experience using a variety of computer systems including Linux or UNIX systems
- An ability to communicate technical information to other members of the team and other developers, enabling them make the best use of the tools and facilities available.
Some of the following additional skills and experience will also be beneficial:
- DevOps experience, using technologies such as configuration management (Puppet), containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), Virtualization (VirtualBox or others), revision control (Git), SQL databases (PostgreSQL) or Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing tools
- Experience supporting deployment of SaaS and cloud solutions
- Experience with client and server-side web development, e.g. React
- Familiarity with Windows systems, Powershell and development using the .NET framework and Visual Studio