|Job Ref:||204636258||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicestershire||Address:||Post Code:||LE65||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
QA Test Engineer|
Leicester, United Kingdom Full Time
My client is looking for a talented QA Test Engineer who is looking to join their strong family and grow their business into a multi-national software powerhouse.
* Build and maintain a suite of test scripts against development web applications and APIs.
* Collaborate with the QA team and Development team to keep up to date with system changes and updates.
* Hands-on integration testing of diverse system components.
* Liaise with development and users to investigate faults.
* Plan and estimate QA team tasks.
* Analyse product specifications to create test plans to ensure the final product meets specification.
* Configuring test platforms for testing, and maintaining these in line with production environments.
* Experience in the testing of complex software in a professional development organisation, making extensive use of automation.
* Experience working in a fast-paced, agile (Scrum) environment is desirable.
* Experience in using software designed to aid automated testing.
* Experience in testing REST APIs.
* Good understanding of industry standards and best practices.
* Experience with working closely with developers in order to improve test quality and coverage within codebases.
* Experience of using exploratory testing.
* Knowledge and experience of integration, functional and non-functional testing.
* Knowledge on issue tracking systems such as JIRA and its use in an agile environment.
* Good knowledge of client and server side web technologies and potential integration issues.
* Understanding of usability testing, operational testing, performance testing and cross browser testing.
* Superb analytical thinking.
* Use of testing tools such as Selenium or Test Complete.
* Understanding of integration tests, coded UI tests and Smoke Tests.
* An understanding of responsive web design.
* Fundamental understanding of telecoms and VoIP.
* Good undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline.
* Strong candidates with demonstrable experience can be accepted without a degree