|Job Ref:||204636223||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Elephant & Castle||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
Ocado is the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailer having built a pioneering online shopping and fulfilment solution that has revolutionised the way people buy groceries and more.|
The General Merchandise team is looking for a passionate and intelligent individual to work in the customer focused Web Trading team where they will be responsible for optimising conversion rates and increasing sales across the specialist sites and the general merchandise ranges on ocado
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Non-Food Web Trading Manager you will own all visual merchandising in your trading area, which could span multiple websites. You will directly manage a team of Web Trading Assistants who will help you with your primary aims of optimising online conversion rates and meeting average basket targets.
This should be achieved through:
• Idea generation: Creating innovative ways to increase both traffic and conversion
• Utilising web analytics: Monitoring KPIs and identifying areas in need of improvement or ripe for a fresh approach
• Day-to-day ownership of products on site: Everything from product titles, descriptions, and images to category hierarchy and onsite SEO will be you and your team's responsibility, both at the initial set-up stage and for ongoing improvement and optimisation
• On site A/B and multi-variate testing: Owning the process within your trading area, working with the analyst team to define the scope, set-up, execution and analysis of onsite tests, building a 'test & learn' culture within the team.
• Knowledge of product categories, key competitors, and appropriate technologies: Becoming an expert within your trading area on all things Web Trading related.
Experience & Skills
• Commercial awareness: You will be working in trading areas alongside the Buying and Supply Chain teams. You will need an understanding of common aims and how to work alongside teams with slightly different focuses.
• Problem solving: Developing practical solutions to specific problems whilst not hampering the 'big picture'.
• Good Excel and Google Analytics skills: The role will involve analysing data and drawing conclusions from the data on a regular basis.
• Previous line management: This is desirable as the role requires developing more junior team members.
• Customer focused: The more you understand our customers' needs the easier and more fulfilling the job will be!
• Experience with online retailing