|Job Ref:||204635956||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||uxbridge||Address:||Post Code:||UB10||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
Software Engineer and Developer - Uxbridge - £35k - £40K + benefits|
This role will be a mixture of new software development and supporting existing products, both in terms of bug investigation and fixing.
You will have new software features in java to develop and in addition when a customer reports a problem, you will be required to track down the problem in the java code and fix it.
WHO? Would you be working for?
* Large Global Manufacturer
* Accessible via public transport (train and bus)
WHAT? Are they looking for from a Software Engineer?
* Excellent analysis/bug investigation skills.
* Relevant university degree (computing, mathematics, engineering etc).
* 3+ years, commercial java experience.
* Software Localisation (our software gets translated into a range of languages)
* Flexibility - must be willing to take part in any support or development activities in the group.
* Communication in English language, Spoken and written. This is vital as telephone communication with non-native European English speakers will be required. So clear spoken English is essential.
WHAT? Will your duties be?
* Develop new java, sql or php code as necessary.
* Investigate bug reports relating to existing applications or drivers.
* Run QA/Test scripts on new or existing applications.
HOW? Will you be working?
* Alongside internal, 3rd party and international development teams
* Supporting Business managers and Pre sales teams
WHY? Should you apply?
Benefits - Kitchen facilities + onsite parking + 26 days holiday + pension + life assurance + Cycle to work scheme + free eye care + child care vouchers + the OS you want + tools you want to help you with your job + study support + Excellent work environment + training + flexible benefits including BUPA and Dental cover.
WHEN? Do they need people?
ASAP - 4 weeks / long notice periods considered.
HOW? Can I apply?
Contact Caroline Bingham on or click the "Apply Now" button