|Job Ref:||204635905||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£19.23/hour||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
Language Engineer - English|
**This position is based in the UK and cannot be performed remotely. Please note Adecco cannot offer sponsorship for this opportunity.
6-11 months (with potential for extension)
London, Kings Cross
19.23/Hr GBP (PAYE) before tax
My client's TTS team are looking for a Language Engineer to help improve synthesis in English and preferably other languages (German, French, Italian).
You will be helping with technical tasks involved in creating a speech synthesizer. This includes:
1. Developing rules for a text normalization system
2. Large scale data mining
3. Customizing building tools for multiple languages
4. Text-to-Speech quality evaluation and testing
1. Computer Science background or closely related discipline
2. Fluent speaker of English; knowledge of other languages (e.g. German, French, Italian) is a plus
3. Proficiency in Unix and Version Control System and a modern programming language (Python/C++ preferred)
4. Ability to build and understand regular expressions
5. Interest in data mining and natural language processing a plus
This is an opportunity to work on cutting edge technology in a dynamic team of world-class experts.
Adecco is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer