|Job Ref:||204635631||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Salary:||£17000 - £23000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
1st Line Helpdesk Support Analyst - Bedfordshire - £22k + Benefits|
My market leading client are looking to recruit a are looking to recruit a 1st Line IT Support Engineer to support their internal users where you will be responsible for supporting a diverse range of technology covering Windows XP, Vista, 7, Windows Server 2003, Active Directory, Cisco, VMware, Desktop & Helpdesk Support, VNC etc.
Duties will include,
* Logging calls on the IT Service Desk and maintaining details of software / hardware problems detected.
* Providing 1st line technical support; answering support queries either directly or via phone or e-mail.
* Escalating with external support when necessary.
* Supporting users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary advice and/or training.
* Maintain & update internal documentation and database systems in a timely manner.
Suitable candidates should have/be: -
* The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
* The ability to ask clear and precise questions of the customer to ascertain the exact details of the problem.
* A strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
* Experience with using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office.
* Basic understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
* The ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
* Positive & Flexible attitude.
* Knowledge of Active Directory, Cisco, Microsoft Exchange and VMware will be considered an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity, offering any candidate the opportunity to work in a highly technical environment, using the latest technologies where you can bounce ideas off the other technicians in the team. The salary can be anything up to £23k depending on experience, but this is definitely an opportunity not to be missed, so please send me your CV now