|Job Ref:||204635509||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Middlewich||Address:||Post Code:||CW10||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
KPI are currently looking for a web developer to work with our client a well-known training centre based in Middlewich. The role will be to provide development support for all internal platforms.|
As part of the team, you will assist in the development, maintenance and planning of the systems to help achieve company business objectives.
You will be joining the team at an exciting time, with several interesting and challenging projects awaiting you. Here are just some of the services they are looking to implement, enhance and develop -
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Automated staff services
- Company website
- Applicant & apprenticeship vacancy management
- Learning Loans applications
You need to be familiar with the latest techniques and technologies in web development and to stay up to date and learn more.
What you`ll be doing...
- Assist to develop and maintain systems which support and enhance the effectiveness of the centre
- Work to fix issues, make enhancements and troubleshoot challenging problems
- Assist to analyse and plan modifications to existing systems
- Making modifications and test existing systems
- Assist to develop plans for future of each system
- Assist with upgrades, patches and other critical tasks
- Assist to ensure all appropriate services are available, secure, patched, backed up and appropriate schedules are met
- Experience of open source frameworks and CMS e.g. Laravel, Symfony, Wordpress
- Good level of knowledge of SQL and database structures.
- Troubleshooting software problems.
- Independently find information and solutions from the web.
- Ability to deal with end users of varying technical knowledge in a sympathetic way.
- You must be an excellent communicator in everything you do: professional interactions, emails and code.
- Good level of knowledge of testing frameworks e.g. PHPUnit
- Knowledge of other languages e.g. Python, Ruby
- Knowledge of database management.
- 3 years` experience in a role where programming was an essential element
- Familiarity with Linux on the command line
- Comfortable in version controls systems, such as Git
- Experience of working from the command line.
If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months
The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Please only apply if you are local to the Cheshire area, the individual will need to drive to be present at other centre branches.
KPI are an equal opportunities employer