|Job Ref:||204635067||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Taunton||Address:||Post Code:||TA1||Salary:||£38000 - £42000/annum Great Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
Our client is looking for a permanent Junior SQL administrair to provide technical support for their MS SQL Server databases, delivering technical input into projects, helping to design the most appropriate systems with regard to security, resilience and functionality. The role will use system administration tools to investigate diagnose and resolve complex and/or high risk problems to maintain service level agreement levels, as well as analysing consistent problems and providing long term pro-active fixes. The right candidate will carry out complex configuration/installation and reconfiguration of hardware and software. Additionally, carry out research and development of technical products in accordance to business as usual or project requirements and provide technical options papers with risk analysis, costs and implementation plans. It will Use management software and appropriate analysis equipment to collect system statistics, model performance, and create reports including proposals for improvement. Where necessary also use this information along with details of current and expected technology change, system growth and business needs to provide complex capacity planning models for future planning and budgeting.|
Your previous commercial in some (not all) of the following
* Knowledge of MS SQL Server database administration using versions 2005, 2008, 2008R2, 2012
* Experience of creating and maintaining SQL resilient environments utilising Availability Groups, Mirroring, Log Shipping etc.
* Automation of tasks using T-SQL, Powershell
* Database backup and restores
* Performance monitoring and troubleshooting across sizeable estate
* Experience of cloud hosted environments
* Knowledge of windows Server 2003 to 2012
* Provide customer support and service level management
This a great opportunity
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010.
Bowerford Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy