|Job Ref:||204635032||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hemel Hempstead||Address:||Post Code:||HP2||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
Hours- 9am-6pm Monday to Friday |
The 3rd Line Engineer is responsible for providing 3rd line support for all incidents and requests logged by users or generated through monitoring systems and escalated from the Service Desk or Operations .
Additionally the role will involve helping develop the company's technical solutions and working with the Solution Architects and Engineering team to define, develop, test and document the services the company will sell to and manage for clients. Having developed the solutions the 3rd Line Engineer will assist in training the Service Desk 1st and 2nd Line teams and the Operations team to manage and provide technical support for the solutions. The 3rd Line Engineer will also train and assist the Project Delivery team on the company's technical solutions and will, from time to time, be called upon to engage in project delivery activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist 1st and 2nd line Service Desk teams with incident diagnosis and fault resolution;
• Fulfilling the role of Subject Matter Expert for all assigned technologies;
• Participating in Problem Management activities to determine root causes of incidents and developing work-around and permanent resolutions;
• Participating in Change Management activities to ensure change requests are fulfilled according to company guidelines;
• Participating in Knowledge Base management to ensure the accuracy and relevance of submitted articles;
• Augmenting the Service Desk team as required;
• Communicating with users as required, keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes and service outages;
• Implementing the services required by clients and provide the client with the solutions promised;
• Providing comprehensive support and end user documentation for existing environments and project implementations to improve support team knowledge and the end user experience;
• Supporting users via phone, remote control and site visits;
• To be proactive, innovative and to take clear ownership for your areas of responsibility.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Business awareness - specific knowledge of the client and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals;
• Deploying all technologies in strict accordance with the company's agreed best practices and the project management framework at all times;
• Maintaining skill levels and certifications in designated technologies to the highest standard, through a combination of self-study, company provided training and external courses;
• Reviewing IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry;
• Continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships;
• Entering all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets into the company's PSA tool;
• Recording time and expenses in the PSA tool as they occur;
• Participating in "on-call" out-of-hours emergency support cover for a maximum of one week in four.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
The 3rd Line Engineer must have a minimum of five years' experience working in a 3rd Line capacity and must hold at least two Microsoft MCP or MCTS certifications and must also be certified in one or more of the following: Cisco CCNA, SonicWALL CSSA or Master CSSA, Citrix CCAA, CCEE or CCIA, VMware VCP, HP ProLiant Servers, ITIL v3 Foundation.
The 3rd Line Engineer must have strong knowledge and experience of the following technologies:
• Windows Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2012R2;
• Windows 7;
• Office 2007, 2010 and 2013;
• Exchange Server 2010 or 2013;
• SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 or 2014;
• Active Directory (installation, administration, support and replication);
• Group Policy;
• Networking, including DNS, DHCP;
• Scripting, including PowerShell and VB Script;
• Backup and Disaster Recovery.
It is desirable the 3rd Line Engineer will also have experience in:
• WDS and MDT;
• SQL Development;
• SQL Reporting;
• SAN and iSCSI;
• HP ProLiant Tower, Rack and Blade servers.
The 3rd Line Engineer should also have the following abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care;
• Strong organisational, presentational and customer service skills;
• Skill in planning and preparing written communications;
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly;
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively;
• Service awareness of all organisation's key IT services for which support is being provided;
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services;
• Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details;
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment