|Job Ref:||204633506||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Duxford||Address:||Post Code:||CB22||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
Application Engineer - SQL Queries, Debugging|
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Application Engineer - (SQL Queries, Debugging) to join our clients development department based in Saffron Walden. This is a chance to join an expanding and profitable company at the cutting edge of commercial technology and other wide area IoT applications.
The Application Engineer - (SQL Queries, Debugging) is a key role in our clients tools team. It involves technical analysis and characterisation of database related problems reported in our live networks and the development of tests to quickly detect their occurrence in the future. The scope of the role is system-wide - Liaising with their operations department and the rest of development
Skills knowledge and experience:
• A degree in a numerate / computer science related subject (or equivalent experience)
• Experience with Relational Databases and ability to create SQL queries to investigate problems.
• Knowledge of high level languages in a Linux environment e.g. PHP, Java.
• Experience of debugging (finding underlying causes) and maintaining code written by others.
• Ability to work unsupervised e.g. planning own work to deadlines.
• Good communications skills.
• Software investigation using scripting languages such as Python.
• Knowledge of network protocol stacks.
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly to react to changing demands.
To be considered for the Frontend Developer role, please click APPLY