|Job Ref:||204637499||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
Data Operations Team Lead | Nottingham | £Competitive Salary|
• Location: Nottingham (City Centre)
• Essential experience: Ideally DBA / DBE Background, Line Management, Extensive DB experience and data strategy development exp.
• Salary: £Competitive Salary, 25 days holiday, pension, healthcare, etc.
Here at Rebel Recruitment we only work with companies we are proud to represent. Companies that treat their people well; have interesting and complex projects, and where people can genuinely develop their skills and careers.
Working with one of Nottingham's stand-out companies (based in Nottingham City Centre) with a great, supportive and team oriented culture, I'm looking for a Data Operations Team Lead to join them. They offer a highly collaborative environment where everyone pulls together and shares knowledge/best practice. The company are big fans of investing in their teams to make sure your technical knowledge and skills match your passion for technology! The company are one of Nottingham's success stories and quite simply a brilliant place to work. The people there generally stay for a long time, are treated very well, enjoy fulfilling careers and have fun at work - something the founders of the company are big believers in.
Role, expectations & responsibilities
• This role would encompass the management of a small team of DBA / DBEs (3 direct reports) to deliver the organisation's data management and availability strategy.
• You will spearhead the direction of the business' data strategy as part of the Data Operations team and as such will establish a unifying, robust and substantiated vision in the data strategy
• The role will involve liaising closely with various departments (Product Management, Development, Solutions and Support teams) to deliver Business As Usual (BAU) as well as project based work.
• The position will be a highly visible one with the organisation so will need somebody with great communications skills and experience in dealing with senior stakeholders.
Skills / Experience
The ideal candidate will come from a data centric DBA / Database Engineer background themselves. And have experience of:
• Working in a similar role
• Line management, mentoring, and coaching
• Working in a fast paced but quality focused environment
• Managing large cross site, cross technology database solutions
• Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or later
• Agile, Continuous Delivery and DevOps methodologies
• Quantitative and qualitative methods for strategy formulation
• Defining, monitoring and managing platform KPIs and performance
• Genuine interest in technology and its use in solving business problems
• Liaising and working closely with Development, Support and I.T. Operations teams
• Identifying emerging database and data management technology trends
• Telecommunications sector
• Other Database or Data Management i.e. Redis, Riak, Postgres
• Implementing or managing Data Warehouses
• Business acquisitions & the challenges these can bring to business infrastructure
• Leading a functional area through significant business growth
• Insourced, outsourced and hybrid approaches to problem solving
• cloud based data and analytics
• In memory database technologies
• Building solutions for IoT and IoAT products
• EU regulations around data retention and associated compliance challenges
To apply or for more information contact Fess @ Rebel Recruitment
Data Operations Team Lead | Nottingham | £Competitive Salary
Rebel Recruitment is an equal opportunity employment agency