|Job Ref:||204637481||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
Senior Network Engineer - £40K - London|
This is an exciting role for a Senior Network Engineer involving a number of technologies that we will be rolling out across my clients network.
* More than just understanding the technical aspects of clients network
* Understanding common problems that occur as a result of miscommunication, wrong assumptions, red herrings etc.
* The main body of work revolves around the lifecycle of the core network and projects range from link capacity and switch upgrades (with traffic engineering used to minimise impact) to holistic security policy development, testing, deployment and validation.
* work closely with the Lead Network Engineer and discuss the best way to accomplish each task or project that is assigned solely to the candidate before focussing on their work.
* Although a primarily project-based role there will be limited amount of time spent providing 3rd line support to the Support Team
* Candidates MUST hold a valid CCNA or be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 years of equivalent experience of working for a Network Services Provider or an organisation with a decent sized internal network and be prepared to pass CCNA within 6 months.
* Candidates who have passed any of the CCNP Route & Switch exams will have an advantage, especially if they have passed CCNP ROUTE.
* 2 Years experience of routing and switching in an ISP or Enterprise network environment is required for this role.
* Working knowledge of VLANs, VRRP, Spanning Tree, ACLs and resolving Layer 1-3 issues is ESSENTIAL.
* Experience with OSPF, IP SLA, BGP (including Route Reflectors), any L2 Ring protocol such as ERPS, RADIUS, Netflow, IPv6 is a big plus.
* Any demonstrable experience of Network Design (even of a simple VLAN-based network) is favourable, especially if presented at interview.
* Candidates MUST have experience of Command-Line configuration of Layer 3 Cisco-like equipment
* Network mostly uses Cisco and Brocade switches
Premier are acting as an employment agency