|Job Ref:||204637460||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£60000 - £75000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
DevOps Engineer (AWS) | Nottingham / Home-Based | £60-75K|
• Location: Nottingham or ideally within 2.5 hrs drive of Nottingham (would be expected to be in the office 1-2 times a week)
• Essential experience: AWS (ideally), DevOps, Automation, Coding /Scripting, Networking & Infrastructure
• Salary: £60k - £75k basic
Here at Rebel Recruitment we only work with companies we are proud to represent. Companies that treat their people well; have interesting and complex projects, and where people can genuinely develop their skills and careers.
This very successful organisation has grown considerably in the past couple of years and is still ambitious about the future! They are a very switched-on company who are very active in the local tech communities and have some of the brightest, most talented local people among their ranks!
They love new technology and have a forward thinking approach which allows for creative solutions to be swiftly implemented and changed as needed. There's always new work to do, the company is very ambitious in its expansion with a huge number of new projects planned for this rest of this year and the year coming...
Role & responsibilities
Working closely with the Senior Management team, you will be instrumental in building / maintaining robust, scalable and responsive DevOps solutions. You would be an advocate for DevOps whilst working closely with top level management and technical directors in the business so will be doing a role that really affects change.
• Automate repetitive tasks, fail-over & deployment
• Analyse production environment for improvements
• Implement robust security measures inc. monitoring / responding to attacks
• Take ownership of the IT estate inc. Hardware, Software, Apps & Network
• Manage capacity upgrades
Skills / Experience needed:
• Experience of having worked closely within a software development environment in order to be able to liaise closely with developers and really be able to step into their shoes.
• Running Windows and IIS infrastructure, ideally within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Continuous integration across multiple environments and application deployment strategies
• Experience of releases using a micro-service architecture
• Coding / scripting in one or more languages (flexible)
• Automation (Chef / Puppet /CloudFormation)
• Skills in Powershell or equivalent
• Strong Infrastructure & Networking knowledge (Inc. switches, routers and firewalls, networking concepts, experience of configuring and supporting network switching/routing technologies, in-depth understanding of TCP/IP and LAN and WAN topologies)
The Ideal candidate for this position would be a well rounded Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps Engineer with an established history in IT behind them, e.g. either as a software developer who decided to cross the IT divide into DevOps / Infrastructure etc or as a Systems Administrator...
To apply or for more information contact Fess @ Rebel Recruitment
DevOps Engineer (AWS) | Nottingham / Home-Based | £60-75K
Rebel Recruitment is an equal opportunity employment agency