|Job Ref:||204633154||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Gloucestershire||Address:||Post Code:||GL9||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:44|
Project Manager to work on software and hardware projects related to cyber security in national security scale projects typically ranging from £50K to £5M. Candidates are expected to have experience in a related field and an APMP Qualification or higher.|
This role may involve the management of multiple small projects or larger individual projects. The Project Manager will also manage bids for new work.
There is a wide range of project work within the business ranging from Research & Development, Product Development, Solution Delivery, Hardware & Software Products and Solutions for various markets in the UK and internationally.
* Delivery of all projects as per contractual requirements, on time, to quality and cost whilst delighting the customer.
* Create effective project teams, working with the technical team leads, if appropriate to deliver successful projects.
* Work with technical teams to obtain information to produce a project plan in Oracle PRA and maintain this plan through the life of the project
* Ensure requirements are being managed, recorded and signed off in the designated tool for the project.
* Ensure complete work breakdown structures are produced and uses for recording costs.
* Maintain a risk register of threats and opportunities for the programme and validate contingency costs against these.
* Document and manage assumptions and dependencies for the programme.
* Work with the Services Support Manager for any managed service facility for the projects
* Produce reporting as required for a range of key stakeholders.
* Manage the financial forecast for the projects using the company tools and processes and report to the Project Sponsor / Business Unit Lead / Business Area Lead.
* Review the finances on a monthly basis with the Financial Director and meet the project forecasting system update timescales.
* Manage the resource requirements of the project(s) working with the resourcing function.
* Manage project expectations and provide excellent stakeholder management
* Act as a mentor for engineering team leads managing small projects within the business area.
* Extensive project management experience demonstrating the above responsibilities and tasks in a comparable business is essential.
* Extensive development experience in, cyber security, software and/or hardware.
* Proven substantial experience in the National Security domain and working with government departments.
* Experience of working in the development of solutions for cyber security, business intelligence, communications or information security (delivering consultancy into these environments is preferred but not essential).
* Degree level education in a related subject area.
* APMP qualification or higher.
* Knowledge and use of Agile methodologies preferred.
* DV cleared or eligibility to attain DV clearance is essential.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to board level.
* The ability to travel nationally (and internationally).
Due to the nature of this position, candidates will ideally hold or be willing to undergo, and be eligible to achieve HMG DV clearance. As a result, candidates will need to be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 10 years. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including bonus scheme, private medical insurance and pension, along with a whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care