|Job Ref:||204633131||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£550 - £600/day||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
A Head of IT Service Desk is required for 6 months (likely to be extended) based in Newcastle.|
The Head of IT Service Desk will lead, manage and develop the ITSD team, during and post transition, building a one team approach across the two converging teams (Internal and supplier) to:
* Ensure all customers receive an excellent and continuously improving, experience of IT Services
* Manage end to end the ITSD and proactively take action to maintain great service
* Oversee recruitment of the team at new location
* Execute cross-delivery group processes e.g. Incident Management and Service Request Fulfillment
* Provide constant, live analysis of all IT service related incidents
* Deliver a 24x365 operation.
* Effective leadership within the organisation delivering to a clear vision within a defined strategy for building one team
* Management & monitoring of ITSD as per role definition
* Delivery of the transformation roadmap for ITSD
* Appropriate financial management of ITSD budgets
* Development and delivery of quality processes and procedures that underpin delivery of service
* Continual process improvement.
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all interfacing areas and stakeholders
* Building, management and leadership of the ITSD leadership team.
* Effective performance management and appropriate career development of all ITSD staff in line with business need.
* Oversee the recruitment of a new ITSD team in North East England
* Carry out initial review of team structure and develop a plan, as required, to build one team across new and existing site.
* Promote cross-heritage working, breaking down barriers where required
* Develop and embed a one team ethos
* Contribute to the sourcing and selection of permanent staff replacement for Head of ITSD role, working with DD SO, HR as required
Skills Extensive experience in managing large, complex operational teams and environments
Extensive experience in leading cultural and technical transformation in operational teams
ITIL v3 - Proficient
This role is to start asap and will pay £600 per day (Ltd/Umbrella)