|Job Ref:||204632532||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
Change & Release Manager
QA & Testing
The Change and Release Manager will ensure that robust change control and release management practices and restrictions are in place. This will be applicable for both minor changes and major releases to prevent the introduction of unauthorised changes into production. This position requires European and some global travel.
* To design and document the governance policies and supporting processes and procedures for introducing minor changes and major releases into production environments. To regularly review and update these policies and processes.
* To ensure that all changes, no matter how small or large, are subject to change control before deployment to testing or BAU (Business as Usual).
* To ensure all business leaders and managers are aware of their responsibilities for introducing changes and releases. To support, coach and educate these staff to ensure robust adherence to agreed change and release control policies and procedures.
* To monitor the progress of requests for change and releases. To ensure formal approval from the 'change / release sponsor' is given in a timely manner. To oversee the implementation of minor changes and major releases into the production environment.
* To deal with escalated, complex or unresolved issues relating to changes and releases.
* To monitor the compliance and effectiveness of change control and release management policies and procedures; implement enhancements as necessary.
* To ensure that all responsible areas have appropriate testing environments which are maintained by the responsible areas, to the required standards, in order to enable the whole organisation access in a controlled manner.
* To ensure that the testing and maintenance of all test equipment is scheduled regularly.
* To ensure that hardware and software releases by external partners also follow the Aevi change and release management processes.
* They should understand the differences between minor and major releases
* They will be required to ensure that all software deliverables, whether internal or customer based, have been fully and completely tested and passed before allowing the software to be passed onto AEVI operations or customers
* To encourage a company-wide "Quality Culture" where quality is viewed as everyone's responsibility
* To participate in the appropriate forums and events in order to maintain awareness and to raise the profile of the Company
* To complete ad hoc duties and tasks allocated through line management chain from time to time
Skills & Experience
This person should be ISEB / ISTQB certified
This person should have at least 3 years' experience managing customer facing QA projects
This person should have at least 5 years' experience doing Defect Management for customer facing projects
An understanding of payments and how cashless payments work end to end is an advantage
This person reports into the Global Quality Manager
This person has no direct reports
In carrying out the role, the incumbent will also work closely with members of the development and QA teams in all the verticals as well as Product and Project Managers.
Specific Additional Information
* This role will require significant travel in Europe with some global travel possible
* Must be eligible to work in the UK and Europe. Work VISA's may be required for other countries