|Job Ref:||204632137||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
My client a leading multinational bluechip are seeking an Integration Architect due to business growth. Reporting directly into the Head of Enterprise Architecture, you will have responsibility for integration architecture across all areas of IT and the business. You will ensure that the architecture and design conforms to Industry standards where applicable.
The Integration Architect will play a lead role across all areas of the technology portfolio in relation to the integration of core line of business systems.
You will be expected to investigate and analyse integration options and make investment recommendations to the Head of Enterprise Architecture. You must also have the ability to influence the business through your expert knowledge and application of influencing skills to select the most appropriate message exchange patterns to fulfil specific business requirements.
- Owns, develops and acts as a design authority for integration architecture roadmap and ensures close alignment with, and facilitation by, the organisation`s overarching Enterprise Architecture strategy.
- Guides the architecture and design across all integration activities to optimise the effectiveness of the backend core systems.
- Maintains an active interest in and reports on new and emerging integration technologies and trends that may be of interest and applicable to fulfilling ongoing information flows and API requirements.
- Advises on requirements (both functional and non-functional) and related impacts to the integration architecture.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing and selecting the most appropriate technologies, architectural styles and patterns needed to deliver a software solution.
- Identify and manage architectural risk.
- Document the proposed solution, using high level diagrams, within a solution architecture document and gain technical and business stakeholder buy-in.
- Provide both top-down and bottom up analysis of system requirements and capabilities so they can be mapped to service contracts and components.
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organisation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid background in enterprise and solution architecture with a focus on integration.
- Deep knowledge of enterprise integration patterns, interface design, messaging models as well as architectural thinking and delivery of architectural work products.
- Experience of documenting clear technical proposals with stated objectives, costs and financial benefits.
- Experience in the use of EA tools such as PlanningIT, Salamander MooD, IBM Rational System Architect and Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Understanding of both SOAP and REST, and the pros and cons of each.
- Expertise in at least one well known messaging platform and/or ESB suite.
- Strong architectural instinct - you know what a good (or bad) architecture looks like
- Demonstrable understanding of SOA, software engineering best practices and design patterns.
- Experience of designing high-performance infrastructure standards and solutions.
- Experience of working as part of a wider architecture team and interacting with peer architects both locally and globally.
- Experience of contributing to the invitation to tender (ITT) technology procurement exercises to define detailed requirements.
- Experience of working with third party suppliers during the design and build of IT solutions.
- Ability to assess third party products and technologies, along with being able to evaluate whether to take a build or buy approach.
- Experienced at effectively communicating technical designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Compliance with enterprise architecture and software engineering best practices.
- Experience of building out both high level and low level technical designs for consumption by development teams.
- The ability to understand complex concepts and communicate them in a simple manner.
- The ability to communicate well on both a business and technical level.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to influence decision-makers (to senior management level).
- A tenacious approach with focus and determination to get the job done effectively overcoming any difficulties that may be encountered.
- High level of motivation, flexibility, drive and personal commitment.
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- Educated to degree level in computer science or similar discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (SAP PI), SAP Process Orchestration (SAP PO) and IBM DataPower Gateway.
- Exposure to Omni-channel and B2C front-end integration with a passion for digital transformation.
- Experience in designing systems and solutions within a hybrid cloud model.
- Exposure to API Management tools including IBM API Connect.
- Experience of cloud platforms including Microsoft Azure.
- Message oriented middleware solutions and/or integration platforms, ideally AMQP and Microsoft Azure Service Bus.
- Experience of Web services - JSON, SOAP/XML/WS*.
- Understanding of networking protocols - transport (TCP/IP) and application (HTTP) level.
- Server and networking infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in designing and delivering Microservices within an SOA context.
- Experience in working with high volume, distributed, transactional systems with low latency requirements.
- Experience of the design and implementation of IT solutions using an Agile development methodology e.g. Lean, Kanban, Scrum or DSDM.
- Qualification in TOGAF 9.1, Zachman or similar