|Job Ref:||204631449||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Warwick||Address:||Post Code:||CV34||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum Great benefits||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
IT Jobs - Senior C++ Developer - HPC, Linux, Unix - Warwick|
Do you have good experience of developing in C++ and a Linux or UNIX platform? Are you seeking a job within a market leading Software Company?
My client already has a fun and talented team that they are looking to add a new member to this. Developing market leading software for high performance computing (HPC) this company has a genuine passion for producing great solutions.
My client is looking for a very capable individual to join their expanding development team. You will need to be an expert in C++ development with great knowledge of Linux or UNIX.
In addition to your development duties you will be responsible for leading small teams and 2nd line customer support.
* Full application lifecycle development - specification, design, development, documentation and maintenance
* Leading small teams to deliver high quality functionality on schedule
* Managing project schedules for features and enhancements
* Support of customer issues
Experience and Skills
* At least three years commercial application development experience
* Strong C++ and C skills
* Good knowledge of Linux/Unix
* Good working knowledge of Mercurial or Git and SVN or CVS.
* Self-motivated approach to project work
* Good degree or equivalent in computer science, maths or sciences
* Excellent communication skills
* Demonstrable enthusiasm for software development and for creating good software
Desirable but not essential
* Knowledge of operating system, compiler and debugger internals - for example the DWARF standard or experience of developing or contributing to GDB or similar open source projects.
* Previous experience of the Qt library
* Experience with parallel and/or scientific codes
This role offers a salary of £40 - 60k plus excellent benefits depending upon skills and experience. Based in Warwick this role is commutable from Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, Birmingham, Leicester, Worcester, West Midlands, Derby, Coventry, Redditch, Northampton, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield and Worcestershire