|Job Ref:||204631135||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:45|
Senior Software Engineer (C#, Hedge Fund)|
WPR now have a number of Senior Software Engineer roles available with a New York based company who recently opened a new office in Belfast. Essential to these first hire positions is extensive C#/.NET experience and a willingness to stay in a hands on technical role.
As a company they develop software and applications for their global portfolio of Hedge Fund clients. These applications are used by portfolio managers, investment managers, traders, research analysts, risk managers, accountants and operations so a previous financial services background and passion for finance related software would be important for this role. Their business is currently making great inroads into the UK Hedge Fund market with some major contracts in the pipeline which will reflect on the size of the team and nature of core development work the intend for Belfast
As their first Belfast hire you will bring your existing experience to the role and immediately become involved in the core development for a number of key projects. You will handle a minimalist yet automated development process and be involved in all stages from initial requirements gathering through to testing and deployment. Some of these core projects will focus on P&L, accounting and risk reporting applications as well as risk system integration. As they grow the new office you will also take on the lead role and have then chance to build a team of software engineers around you. Your duties will include the following;
* Third level degree in a Computing Science or related discipline
* Minimum 5 years' development experience with a combination of C#, .NET and SQL
* Experience with LinQ, Winforms, Multithreading, HTML5, Kendo, Angular JS, JQuery, .NET Remoting, Excel automation, Agile
* Thorough understanding of software architecture and key architectural decisions
* Experience across full SDLC from initial requirements to implementation
* Previous experience on managing projects and leading a team of developers
* Proven ability to design and develop software solutions that meet client requirements
* Financial services experience preferred but not essential
* Previous experience of business/client interaction on software projects
* Excellent communication skills and capable of working with colleagues globally
In addition to the above criteria if would also be a preference to have experience of the following.
* WPF, Silverlight, Infragistics, MVC
* Bloomberg, Fincad, Geneva, VPM, AExeo
* Risk Metrics, PBs and Fund Admins Feeds
Having shown a commitment to move one of their most experienced technologists to Belfast you can be guaranteed that you will get immediate exposure to core development projects where you will see your hard work and coding skills make an impact in a high performance sector for a global client base.
Depending on experience, technical ability and interview performance the salary for this role is up to £70,000 with benefits package and an unrivalled bonus scheme. Our client is known to make significant investment into their staff which reflects in how much they value the people that work for them and their extremely high retention rate. They offer flexible and remote working when required with lots of other perks outside of their benefits package.
To hear more on this first class opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Ciaran Boyle on 028 90 820947.
Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client