|Job Ref:||204637634||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£28000 - £31000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:23|
Location: West Midlands
Competitive salary with full benefits package
The company are a highly respected engineering firm in heavy industry. The company has been established for over 100 years and due to a slight change in departmental structure, they now have a requirement for a Maintenance Supervisor to join the business. This post will report to the Production Manager but will require supervisory skills to lead a small team of Maintenance Engineers. It is a new post that has been created into the business and the role will offer opportunities for progression.
Organising and optimizing maintenance teams. Ensuring a smooth process flow through the section while implementing good working practices.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Maintenance Team Leader will have interface with Health and Safety, Technical, Quality and the Sales department, while following the company and statutory Health and Safety policy.
Solution finding and repairing or improving electrical circuits and motors. To assist other maintenance employees
* First-line contact for immediate reaction to emergency break-down on plant, equipment and buildings diagnosing problems as quickly as possible.
* Effectively manage break-down and/or failure of equipment and plant by taking appropriate remedial action in the following areas; CNC's, Electrical Control Systems, Hydraulics and Pneumatics etc.
* Liaise with cell leaders, production and operations to inform them of progress of break-downs.
* Replacement of parts for emergency break-downs/equipment failures.
* Carry out a safe system of work for Predictive, Preventative and Planned Maintenance as required.
* Carry out checks on machinery/plant/equipment in accordance with planned maintenance each month.
* Undertake replacement of worn parts either as required or on a regular replacement cycle.
* When and where necessary work above (at height safely using appropriate apparatus) or below ground including machine pits
* Undertake necessary maintenance/break-down repairs throughout all areas of the business e.g. manufacturing environments, offices and outdoor areas as required
* Accurate and timely completion of documentation to comply with all necessary standards and requirements.
* Initiate team activities including Continuous Improvement Activities
* Undertake any additional training to develop skills as company requires
* To work in accordance with Company policies and practices
* To undertake any other duties as may be required within the scope of the role and participate as necessary in company initiatives and projects
* Previous experience working at a Team Leader/Supervisory level as a Maintenance Electrician in an Industrial Manufacturing environment
* 17th Edition Wiring Regulations Certification is essential.
* Current knowledge of typical Health & Safety working regulations within a manufacturing environment
* The ability to read and work from technical drawings for electrics and mechanical systems etc.
* Previous experience of working with or around metal working machinery such as CNC's/Castings would be a distinct advantage - but not essential
* Excellent communication skills
* Good leadership traits
* Able to work to targets
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive business that can offer a secure future. Interested applicants please forward a copy of your CV details to (url removed) (Agy)
Professional Technical is a specialist recruitment consultancy supporting the engineering recruitment market, developing recruitment partnerships with engineering businesses on a national scale. Professional Technical supply the engineering and technical talent so that our clients can focus on the core elements of engineering. Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy