|Job Ref:||204637471||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum excellent package||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:23|
HIGHWAY DESIGN ENGINEER|
£30,000 TO £45,000 + PACKAGE
I am working in conjunction with a well known design consultancy who are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Highways Engineer, primarily delivering projects for our Local Authority clients but also other clients around the UK when necessary.
We require a strong Engineer to help grow our teams further, and help guide the development of others to bring excellence to our clients.
You will be part of a team who are responsible for the delivery of technical outputs of projects or service areas to the meet the client's brief.
This will involve undertaking services within a highway engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); all aspects of highways design to national and local/other standards where applicable, from identification of problems and issues and development of viable solutions at all stages, including alignment design, pavement design, earthworks modelling, restraints system design, drainage design, quantities take-off, specifications and drawing production for target cost preparation and construction information.
Experience in the delivery of Highways Agency projects from a design perspective and familiarity with HA processes would be an advantage.
Specific role responsibilities:
* With a focus on strong technical highway engineering experience and a proven track record of high quality and timely project delivery within a highways team.
* Assisting with a variety schemes including feasibility, detailed design, tender and implementation such as junction and corridor improvements, public transport, cycling and accessibility initiatives to larger major scheme projects.
We are seeking individuals who understand our values and express commitment to them.
We want our staff to strive continuously to innovate in how they perform and work with our clients and to deliver excellence.
You will have;
* Degree or equivalent in appropriate discipline.
* Chartered/incorporated member of a relevant professional institution.
* Knowledge and experience in highways or general civil engineering projects you'll be able to check the technical outputs of the team prior to issue for authorisation.
* With knowledge and experience of developing 3D Designs in Autodesk Civils 3D.
* You will have knowledge and experience of the main management systems & processes used within a similar consultancy business and will be able to carry out technical compliance checks for project team outputs.
* With computer literacy you will be able to work without supervision and will have the drive and determination to meet targets.
If you would like to know more about this role then please do not hesitate to contact Ross on: (Apply online only).
Apply now to (url removed) with your CV
The services of Strata Construction Consulting UK Ltd are that of an Employment Agency