|Job Ref:||204636739||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Colchester||Address:||Post Code:||CO2||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
An internationally known manufacturer of single board computer products are looking for an Engineering Technician to join the team. |
An Engineering Technician should expect to be involved in a wide range of tasks over time, providing a very good base for future career development in the high technology sector. Over the first 12 months, they can expect to be involved in the following:
1. Testing of the first batch of new products for customer evaluations, working closely with the project hardware and software engineers.
2. Performing product validation testing. This could be on the bench e.g. measuring current consumed by the product. Or it could be in a temperature controlled chamber, measuring the temperature of chip dies to ensure they are within specification.
3. Verifying production test specifications before release to the production test group.
4. Some electronic assembly and modification work down to 0402 size components and including cable assemblies. Liaison with our manufacturing group when more complex changes are required (e.g. BGA rework).
5. Maintaining the lab equipment and dealing with broken or malfunctioning items (repair or replacement), including hardware test fixtures.
6. Organising the lab to make it easy for all engineers to find things quickly and easily.
7. Setting up test environments for either hardware or software tests, including operating system software installation.
8. Qualification testing for Shock & Vibration and EMC.
9. Creation of hardware test fixtures, including documenting them.
10. Creation and maintenance of software scripts.
11. Fault finding of computer hardware to component level.
The candidate should have at least an ONC/OND (or equivalent) with practical experience relevant to the role.
If you think you have the necessary experience please apply today.