|Job Ref:||204189926||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Chard||Address:||Post Code:||TA20||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 03:48|
Senior Business Analyst |
Summary of Position
A member of Business Systems Team within the IS Department, supporting and developing systems, primarily Oracle Applications business systems, responsible for providing functional advice and implementing business improvements across the Oracle Planning and Supply Chain process.
Nature and Scope
• A key member of the IS team supporting and developing Oracle Applications E-Business Suite ERP and other business systems primarily in the areas of Planning, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sales, Warehousing, Finance, Research, Design and Quality.
• Advise senior management team on strategic and tactical way forward by providing possible solution options.
• Involves working closely with the other Analyst Programmers, System Accountant, Business Analysts, DBAs and leading "Functional Support" staff creating System Designs, Functional Specifications, Testing, Training of staff, Documentation and Implementation of new Business Processes and Information Systems and upgrading software versions that assist in the continual improvement of Business Processes and execution of the company business.
• Supporting multiple Oracle Modules, including Inventory, Bill of Materials, Work in Process, Purchasing, Quality, Order Management, Warehouse Management, Receivables, Payables, General Ledger and Advance Supply Chain Planning.
• To produce project plans and estimations of resource requirements and be responsible for completing projects within cost, time and to the required quality.
• To understand the Numatic business cycle and assist in preparing, presenting and delivery of IS strategy.
• Assist in E-Business strategy and support of existing Numatic Internet site, Intranet and E-Business links.
• Working closely with and leading "Functional Support" staff and software suppliers in providing support, assistance, bug resolution, patch fixes, testing, user documentation and on-going training of staff on the business processes and information systems, resolving problems as required.
• Projects/tasks will be diverse covering a wide variety of systems and will involve strategic internal projects associated with the company wide business plan.
• To keep fully briefed on future products and services available from external IS suppliers.
• Assisting, developing and guiding more junior IS department staff.
• Perform such other duties and responsibilities appropriate to this position.
Experience and Skills Desired to Perform Job:
• Educated to degree level.
• Extensive ERP implementation and upgrade experience.
• Experience of support of ERP within several organisations.
• Oracle Supply Chain exposure.
• Strategic solutions development and tactical delivery experience.
• Must command respect of senior management and peers.
• Ability to influence and persuade senior management on strategic directions.
• Good interpersonal and communications skills, with IT and non-IT staff.
• Previous experience of staff management and leading small teams.
• Highly customer focussed.
• Self-motivating, committed to the needs of the business.
• Having worked within manufacturing or distribution companies would be desirable.
• Additional skills of benefit:
Use of TOAD
• Flexibility over working arrangements to support existing systems and meet project deadlines.
• Having worked on, or have knowledge of some of the following areas, particularly with Oracle Application Modules would be of benefit but is not essential:-
Order Management, Inventory Management, Warehouse Management - Inventory/Shipping, Purchasing, Bill of Materials, Engineering, Materials Requirement Planning (MRP), Advanced Supply Chain Management(ASCP), Work in Process, User Productivity Kit, Discrete Manufacturing, Depot Repair, E-Business, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Human Resources
• Knowledge of some of the following software products would be of benefit but is not essential:-
Kewill EDI, Microsoft Sharepoint, Microsoft Project, Supportworks Assets, Supportworks Helpdesk, TruTime Time and Attendance, Shires Front Line Maintenance, and Mattec Machine Monitoring.
Should reside within 60 mile radius of Chard, or be prepared to re-locate.
Clean driving licence. Ability to react quickly to reach Chard site.
Must be available to work hours required to resolve urgent problems. Will be required to carry a company mobile phone and on occasions of emergencies, be available for call out 24 hours a day