|Job Ref:||204636280||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Surrey||City:||Camberley||Address:||Post Code:||GU15||Salary:||£28000 - £32000/annum £28,000 - £32,000 per annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:23|
This outstanding employer (current winner of the CRN Award for the UK`s Best IT Reseller to SME`s) is now looking for 2nd Line / 3rd Line Support Engineers based in Camberley to help look after the needs of its impressive and expanding client list.|
This is a "vibrant, fast paced technology company who offer friendly and professional IT Support, Services and Solutions to over 250 diverse businesses across Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire", its bring corporate technology to the SME market - specialising in providing technology solutions from the major global brands (such as Microsoft, HP, Apple and Cisco). Based in modern, bright and stylish offices in Camberley, this is an at times demanding environment to work in, but genuinely satisfying and most of the time, great fun. New opportunities within the company have arisen as a result of a period of continued growth which is set to continue throughout this year and next. Last year alone, the company grew it's turnover by 40% and continues to build an excellent, strong and enviable reputation.
As the 2nd Line / 3rd Line Support Engineer your duties will include:
• Managing and supporting clients` Servers and Network equipment
• Build and configuration of new solutions for SME businesses
• Installation of new solutions at client offices
• Troubleshooting issues with technologies such as:
o Connectivity - Routers, VPNs, Firewall rules
o Networks - VLANS, Managed Switches, Performance bottlenecks
o Servers - RAID, Virtualisation - inc P-to-V, Exchange, SQL
o Backups - configuration, data recovery.
To be a successful 2nd Line / 3rd Line Support Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
• Proven IT Support experience including diagnosing, repairing and solving hardware / software server and network related issues.
• Good level of experience and understanding of Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012, including Active Directory, File Permissions, DHCP/DNS services, Backup & Recovery and Group Policy.
• Good level of experience and understanding of Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/Office365 and their related client devices, Microsoft SQL, IIS, SharePoint, RDS, Citrix and other server-related solutions.
• Good level of experience and understanding of virtualisation solutions such as VMWare and Hyper-V.
• Experience of networking principles such as VLANs and VPNs would be desirable.
• Proven previous experience in a customer facing role and excellent customer service and communication skills
• Ability to explain information in a professional and appropriate manner to clients of differing levels of technical knowledge
• Education to at least A-Level standard with formal IT qualifications (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA etc).
• Full driving licence.
The working hours for this 2nd Line / 3rd Line Support Engineer role are Monday to Friday, 9 - 5.30pm. Occasional overtime and out of hours work will be required.
In return, the 2nd Line / 3rd Line Support Engineer will receive a salary of £28,000 - £32,000 per annum.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.