|Job Ref:||204636232||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£46830 - £58538/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a career opportunity for an Aftermarket Product Marketing Engineer to join their team, offering an on target salary, bonus and car allowance package of up to £72,500 per annum, plus excellent benefits. |
The Aftermarket Product Marketing Engineer will play a key active role in facilitating, consulting, and developing as a Subject Matter Expert in the area of Product Life Cycle Design and Engineering for the Aftermarket.
You will work in a team of Life Cycle Engineers with broad responsibility for helping drive processes to protect and improve Aftermarket parts and legacy products and drive financial results.
Key Responsibilities of Aftermarket Product Marketing Engineer
• You will develop and grow the Aftermarket Parts proposition in order to meet the demands of both legacy and new clients, working with the Engine Product & Engineering Design teams to enhance and make recommendations for the new Spare Parts and Products catalogue.
• You will develop innovative Aftermarket service and overhaul solutions, project plans and current business cases.
• You will implement new or improve existing solutions and processes, using key metrics to drive parts revenue and percentage of parts sales (POPS) growth.
• You will have responsibility for the brand, intellectual property, supplier agreements, design change, and service repair in the Aftermarket..
• You will develop a new innovative Aftermarket service solution that positively impacts existing processes and drives part sales (e.g. NPI, Design change, and Product Sourcing Groups).
• You will lead and influence major initiatives to set the direction in Aftermarket growth for new, current and legacy products.
• Your decisions or recommendations will have significant impact on Parts Sales worldwide so you will be responsible to gathering data, utilizing both client and market intelligence to provide input for the Life Cycle Manager on market trends, customer needs and best practices.
• You will be responsible for creating total ownership cost models and producing revenue improvement analysis statistics on a weekly or monthly basis.
• You will work with the Engine Design, Product teams and Life Cycle Consultants to ensure Product Design reflects Aftermarket requirements.
• You will champion Built In Quality (BIQ) to drive activity to support future Parts growth.
• You will maintain and communicate the brand specifications and standards.
• Supporting New Product Introduction (NPI) programmes and the delivery of Aftermarket activities.
• You will develop and maintain the Design Guide, Service Life and Re-use Policies.
• Supporting Aftermarket APQP activity
Qualifications and Experience required for the Aftermarket Product Marketing Engineer role
• You will have a proven track record in Product Marketing and Parts Sales complimented with an Engineering niche.
• You will have extensive Life Cycle Product Design and Engineering experience gained in an Aftermarket Spare Parts and Product environment.
• Ideally this role would suit an applicant currently working in the Automotive or Manufacturing Sector looking to apply their Engine Design and Spare Parts Product knowledge and expertise into a new challenging role.
• You will have excellent project management skills, able to work across functions such as Product Development, Engineering, Quality, Supply chain, Manufacturing, Aftermarket, and Operations.
• You will have previous statistical analysis experience, with good PC Skills in MS Office and CRM software.
• You will have previous experience with developing long term strategic Aftermarket plans for a variety of Parts and Products.
• You will be able to adopt a collaborative working relationship with both internal stakeholders and clients and have excellent communication skills, able to influence.
• You will be able to evidence previous Aftermarket strategic developments and business processes
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately