|Job Ref:||204635997||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cornwall||City:||Truro||Address:||Post Code:||TR1||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:23|
On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Site Manager to work for one of our major clients based in Cornwall, covering their sites in Truro and Bud. This is initially a contract position, working full time hours Monday to Friday. Approximate duration is 6-9 months, however upon finish this will be reviewed.|
As part of our client's expansion, they are looking to recruit a Site Manager ideally with Anaerobic Digestion knowledge to join an already established team. The Site Manager will manage the construction of our new AD plants, reporting to the Construction Manager.
The role comprises of general site supervision and the management of resource, plant and materials. The Site Manager will ensure the site is operated safely and efficiently; completing records and ensuring compliance with the relevant regulation and health and safety. You will work closely with the operations and design teams and follow the project timeline, ensuring the cost effective and timely delivery of the project.
This will involve working with external partners including sub-contractors and technology providers, negotiating on terms and engineering deliverables but also addressing key areas such as managing project budgets, risk management and broader continuous design improvement across the programme of projects.
Prior knowledge of anaerobic digestion projects is preferred. Preferably, candidates should have experience of projects in the water industry with waste water, hydraulics or water turbines. Candidates must be an experienced civil engineer used to working on site; and must be capable of using CAD and setting out with Leica or similar equipment. You will need to be a fast learner and highly motivated to drive projects through to completion. You will be expected to take ownership of your projects and must be comfortable working with minimal supervision.
Covering sites in Truro and Bud, with travel to sites nationally as required.
• HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or Construction
• Experience in working on site
• Experience using CAD
• Experience of using Leica or similar equipment
• Previous experience of Anaerobic Digestion projects highly desirable
• To hold the relevant CSCS and SMSTS
• Commercial awareness
• An analytical and logical approach to decision making
• Excellent time management and the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects
• A flexible and responsive attitude tempered with ownership and accountability for their actions
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Team player but able to work with minimum direction