|Job Ref:||204635600||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£36600 - £45800/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:22|
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a permanent opportunity for a Design Engineer, offering a salary and bonus package of over £50,000 per annum, plus excellent benefits. |
The Rotating Components team is responsible for the design and development of engine systems, sub-systems and components including but not restricted to, Crankshafts, Connecting Rods, Bearings, Timing Gears and Gear driven Auxiliaries, Pistons & Rings. The team has responsibility for these across engine platforms that are produced in multiple geographic locations.
Whilst it is intended that you will work on team related components and systems, opportunities may be available to work on all areas of the engine and installation.
Key Responsibilities of the Design Engineer
* Contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while improving your analytical skills and understanding of engineering concepts.
* Contribute to the delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology and broaden your professional network.
* Will be tasked with both design and validation responsibilities. It is anticipated that the right individual will be able to complete packages of design work and development activities related to those designs.
* Design and promote new components and sub processes
* Perform needs analysis and initiate ideas
* Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Perform product maintenance
Qualifications and Experience required for the Design Engineer role
* Experience of engine component design
* A high level of analytical understanding is desirable with a view to driving "right first time" designs through the application of rigorous DFMEA's and DVP&R definition
* Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum
* Design and development of Internal Combustion Engine related systems, sub-systems and components
* 3D solid modelling and design within Creo or an equivalent design software package
* Capability to apply GD&T ASME Y14.52009
* Use of Teamcentre for drawing release and data management
* Ability to develop cost effective solutions and liaise with suppliers
* Capability to contribute to DFMEA's and DVP&R's to an effective standard
* Effective analytical skills and problem solving ability (8D)
* Desired: Master degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum
* Desired: CAE capabilities to define and interrogate system and component analysis
* Desired: Engine dynamics and forcing
Career development will be supported including the potential for progression within the wider corporation. This may include career break/sabbaticals.
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately