|Job Ref:||204635148||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gaydon||Address:||Post Code:||CV35||Salary:||£15 - £30/hour||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:22|
Job Title : E-Cube Engineer|
The Dimensional Control and Build Integrity Department's key function is to implement strategies to measure, analyse, improve and control the dimensional aspects of products.
The Dimensional Process and Verification function (DPV) within DCBI procures dimensional media and executes the Environmental Cube (E-Cube) process using this media. The role within DPV is to support the E-Cube media design and manufacture phases and then plan and coordinate the E-Cube build activities for new model programs
• Translation of high level timing plans into day by day working documents to support the build events. Develop clear and concise day by day build plans and monitor delivery against plan, identifying catch back strategies if required.
• Manage the planning and coordination of E-Cube build events to support T&F component maturation activities.
• Support and input to design reviews on media to ensure required functionality is provided.
• Coordinate cross functional teams to deliver required project deliverables.
• Identification and securing of all resource required to support the published build plans
• Generate E-Cube event metrics and reports in line with the generic templates
• Interface with engineering teams at all levels to coordinate and manage the activity plan on the E-Cube and provide any support necessary to the team
• Provide feedback to programme on project status (e.g. night letters / programme status sheets / presentation material)
• Identification and recording of all issues found during the build events, including raising AIMS where appropriate.
• Identification and recording of all E-Cube property issues for feedback to E-Cube vendor / Dimensional Control Media team.
• Support the development of standard specification for component maturation hardware
• Support the implementation and monitoring of the department's compliance with corporate initiatives / Standards (TS16949, ISO 14001, etc.)
• Support functional responses for Launch reviews, Gateway Reviews, Product Development Letters, and other functional activities
Skills, experience and qualifications required
• Presentation and communication: ability to clearly articulate programme status and effectively explain complex ideas at a senior level.
• Team Player. Able to work with an established team of engineers from a diverse range of backgrounds and with a wide range of skills and experiences.
• Resilience: Self-motivated and determined to achieve results whilst working in an environment of competing objectives and timescales.
• Proven success in leading problem-solving actions.
• A relevant engineering degree and / or relevant experience is preferred, as would time served in Manufacturing Engineering, Product Development or Production related roles
• Travel between plants and to E-Cube supplier is a fundamental requirement of the role in the planning stage of projects