|Job Ref:||204635120||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£35000/annum Excellent Benefit Package||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:22|
A leading civil engineering and construction company who currently employ over 800 people are looking for a quantity surveyor to join their team in Peterborough, assisting with the delivery of a key framework with their client Anglian Water.|
Accountable for the commercial and cost management of a project or programme of projects from inception to close out, ensuring that maximum efficiencies are obtained and full compliance with all Alliance and Anglian Water governance procedures is achieved. Providing a commercial challenge to the operations manager and his team on all project matters.
The role involves a range of duties including monthly valuing of the works and making applications for payment; identifying values and agreeing variations with our clients; agreeing final accounts and reporting internally on the financial and contractual status of schemes including completion of monthly financial forecasts.
Other responsibilities include procuring and letting sub-contract packages, managing sub-contractors with the site delivery team whilst on site and agreeing final accounts.
The successful applicant must be a good communicator and negotiator; with commercial awareness and good IT skills with experience of databases and Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of construction contracts is preferred.
Required Skills & Person Specification:
- In depth understanding of NEC3 contract packages and their management with the client and the supply chain.
- Experience of managing multimillion pound projects focusing on the mitigation of cost and realisation of efficiencies and innovative ways of working.
- Understanding the fundamental basis of negotiating and driving successful win/win outcomes.
- Experience Managing a Commercial Team.
- A manager that can develop people and instil a commercial mind-set within the commercial team and the greater Project Delivery Team
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Team player, who has the ability to self-start and work independently
- Full driving licence
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A degree or other qualification in quantity surveying would be advantageous but is not essential
- Environmentally and contractually aware
- Experience in the water industry would be an advantage