|Job Ref:||204637104||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Senior Transport Planner - London |
RGB Network are representing a Transport Planning consultancy firm who have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Transport Planner to join a growing team based in London. The consultancy firm has been operating within this industry for more than 25 years and have managed to expand continuously. The role will involve engaging with existing & potential new clients, undertaking projects and preparing proposals.
The position of a Senior Transport Planner reports to an Associate, and day-to-day support would be received from our Principal Engineers & Associates.
Key responsibilities include:
- As a Senior Transport Planner, the key role would be to support the process in securing planning applications for sites and support during the master-planning and regeneration projects.
- The role would include the use of technical tools, site investigations, research reporting and levels of business development as appropriate.
- Providing support on a range of transport planning projects, including the preparation of transport assessments and travel plans to support planning applications.
- Carrying out site visits, surveys and managing appropriate sub-contractors.
- Overlook junior staff, including their development and project outputs.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Extensive experience working within the Transport planning environment.
- The ideal candidate for Senior Transport Planner would need to be well-versed in the preparation of quality Transport Assessments, Transport Strategies and Travel Plans.
- Knowledge of areas such as public transport at a local, regional and national level would be beneficial.
- Experience in report writing and consultation with stakeholders is essential, and thus will need to have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with infrastructure design software; AutoCAD, ARCADY and Linsig are desirable.
- Additionally, knowledge of traffic management techniques and Highways Agency design guidance shall enable you to work effectively as part of the team.
Enthusiasm and general interest in Transport Planning is essential, and we are looking for someone who will be able to develop as the team is seeking to continually grow.
Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
For more information on this or other positions please contact Parvez Miah at RGB on (Apply online only)