|Job Ref:||204637016||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Berkshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Mobile Commercial Gas Engineer - Berkshire - Permanent Basis|
My Client has an opening for a Mobile Commercial Gas Engineer to work within the Berkshire area. The role holder will cover sites and travel across Reading, Slough, Swindon and Oxford maintaining Gas equipment on Royal Mail sites.
The role holder will be provided with a vehicle and a competitive package.
What does Excellence look like in this role?
At this grade the technician will provide technical diagnosis and solutions and perform routine maintenance checks in relation to Gas and electrical systems. The role holder will be involved in fault finding, maintenance and regular customer liaison. Working across a specified region, the role holder must be willing to travel and hold a UK driving license.
Who will this role work with to achieve excellence?
The engineer will report directly into the Field Service Manager and will work with customers, other engineers and sub contractors on a daily basis.
What needs to be done in this role to achieve this?
* Analyse and understanding of complex technical issues in relation to gas and electrical maintenance;
* Manage the delivery of Corrective and Planned Maintenance to meet the performance measures detailed in the contract;
* Liaise with customers' representatives on a day to day basis to ensure customer requirements are fully met;
* Check and ensure all appropriate and approved paperwork is completed;
* Make personal judgements on how to undertake work to achieve cost, quality and contractual objectives
What technical knowledge, skills and experience is required?
* Must hold a Commercial gas qualification/certification either COCN1 or CODNCO1;
* You must be a Gas Safe registered Gas engineer;
* Experience in catering Gas would be highly beneficial (CCN1);
* Applicants will ideally be qualified and accredited by Gas Safe in commercial gas modules to include CDGA1 and CIGA1. It would also be of benefit to hold commercial catering and laundry gas certificates;
* Experience maintaining Gas equipment and pipe work;
* Candidates with a 17th edition or supplementary electrical skills will be highly desirable, experience maintaining air conditioning, power doors or dock levellers would be of interest;
* Full Driving License is required, as this vacancy will involve travel within a specified area for which a van will be provided.
What behaviours and personal competence is needed?
* Acts as a role model for safety, setting positive examples to peers;
* Keeps customers informed on progress and outcomes;
* Willing to share expertise and knowledge;
* Committed to personal development;
* Strives to deliver beyond expectations;
* Enthusiastic and committed to the task at hand;
* Remains calm under pressure.
If you're interested or want to know more, please call Sam Hargreaves on (Apply online only) / (Apply online only) or send an up-to-date copy of your CV
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age