|Job Ref:||204636805||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:21|
Adept Resourcing Engineering and Techncial Division are pleased to be working with our client to resource a HSE Manager to join their site in Sheffield. |
In this role, the successful candidate will help plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures to minimise accidents and injuries, occupational health problems and operational losses. The successful applicant will also be responsible for driving Health, Safety and Environmental compliance and improvement at an area level.
Day to day activities will be to:
Assist the Group Health and Safety Director to manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems.
Tasks will include:-
* Inspecting the Department on a regular basis, identifying probable risks and putting control measures in place to provide a safe workplace without risk to health.
* Carrying out fire drills as and when required, collating data and reporting on results and providing recommendations for improvements where applicable
* Organisation and planning of regular health and safety meetings and effective contribution therein
* Ensuring safe plant and machinery, safe movement, storage and use of articles and substances
* Providing accurate and timely assessments of risks to health and safety and implementation of measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the risk assessments.
* Liaison as necessary with other organisations and relevant authorities, and assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
* Ensuring that the workplace satisfies health and safety, and welfare requirements for First-aid, Ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities
* Development of the safety culture within the Production area
* Be the key point of contact for environmental issues. Assist in environmental management of all aspects of the production operation including incident and near miss reporting.
* Assist in environmental audits. Communicating environmental issues throughout the workforce and making the Group Environment Team aware of any problems.
* Responsible for ensuring weekly environment inspections are completed.
To be considered for this role it is essential candidates have the following:
* Formal HSE qualifications qualified to NEBOSH Diploma level is essential.
* Proven experience in Health and Safety and Environment Management within a heavy industrial environment
* Hands on approach and experience within Health and Safety
* Ability to use own initiative when necessary
* Excellent teamwork and ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation
* Ability to influence and motivate employees to take personal ownership of H,S & E
* Demonstrated use of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
* Flexible in their approach to work
Role: HSE Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
Should your background suit this position we would love to hear from you, please forward your CV asap using the 'Apply' button