|Job Ref:||204633875||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Stony Stratford||Address:||Post Code:||MK11||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
Apprentices required to be trained in Vehicle Mechanics |
This would suit either a School leaver who studied Engineering etc., someone who has a real passion for vehicles, or someone who has had some work experience within a Vehicle Engineering environment whether it be Cars, HGV's, Plant or Farm/Agricultural Machinery.
Depending on your circumstances you will either attend day release at Milton Keynes College (vehicle mechanics and repairs NVQ level 2),
or Wiltshire college doing 2 week sessions @ 5 per year (Agricultural engineering NVQ level 4) .
Responsible to - Charge Hand / Service Manager
Purpose of the job
To undertake a training programme designed to assist in the maintenance and repair of both company and customer's equipment to a professional standard, whilst maintaining a clean and tidy workshop environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To complete a programme of training to be conducted within the main workshop environment which will include Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Agricultural Engineering.
2. To become proficient in the application and use of a wide range of machine tools including, but not restricted to, grinding and drilling.
3. Fitting and assembly skills including the use of hand tools.
4. Welding, fabrication, brazing, soldering and other jointing processes.
5. Ensure safe disposal of waste oil, filters, batteries and scrap metal. Informing management of any observations.
6. Measurement and inspection techniques using a variety of metrology equipment.
7. Carrying out such tasks and duties as directed by the Workshop Charge Hand / Service Manager that are calculated to contribute to the requisite levels of performance and competence.
8. To provide instruction and advice within the Department commensurate with training completed.
9. To maintain a clean and tidy environment to both the workshop and yard areas with minimal supervision.
10. To wash down ready for hire any equipment or plant using various mechanical equipment, pressure washer, steam cleaner etc.
11. To work within the requirements of the company's Health and Safety policy and procedures
If this role could be of interest, please submit your cv.
Key words: Car mechanic, Plant Fitter, HGV Mechanic, Agricultural Engineer, Farm Machinery, School leaver, Graduate, Apprentice