|Job Ref:||204633675||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Exeter||Address:||Post Code:||EX2||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:19|
Highways England are currently recruiting a Property Management and Enquiries Case Manager to be based in our Exeter office on a fixed term contract until 31st July 2017.|
As a Property Management and Enquires Case Manager you will you will manage suppliers to deliver services to time, cost and quality to meet objectives, ensuring relevant contracts, policies and procedures are followed
Deliver projects and work streams to time, quality and within budget including monitoring to improve performance of property in management, preparing property needed for the road or sales programme, investigating questions about land ownership and status in response to customers` questions.
Engage with and motivate others to improve business delivery.
- Ensure health and safety is your primary consideration and contribute to improvements which minimise risk to the health, safety and welfare of colleagues, customers and stakeholders
- Prioritise the work of self and others to deliver business objectives.
- Instruct suppliers to carry out tasks in accordance with their contract and manage their performance
- Collate and analyse data and information and produce financial, resource and other reports to inform effective decision making.
- Work with colleagues, stakeholders and customers, building effective relationships to develop efficiency, good customer service and contribute to the continuous improvement of services.
- Comply with statutory and internal process and procedure and maintain accurate financial and administrative records using organisational systems.
- Ensure best value is achieved; National Audit Office /Treasury standards and the Highways England accounting requirements are met. This includes correctly identifying and protecting the value of assets.
You will have:
- Literacy in office software products to enable production / maintenance of a range of complex documents and spreadsheets
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment, deliver an efficient customer service, or support delivery of projects though a project office function
- Experience of managing the performance of suppliers
- Ability to prioritise own work and that of others
- Proven delivery against challenging objectives
- Ability to investigate a problem, consider options and make a decision on how to proceed
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all required skills, experience and qualifications as outlined above are clearly demonstrated within your CV.
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment