|Job Ref:||204633504||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Skelmersdale||Address:||Post Code:||WN8||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 08:56|
Role: Manufacturing Engineer / Production Engineer|
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
Are you a production / manufacturing engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you have experience working in a mechanical / electro-mechanical manufacturing environment? Do you have good knowledge of lean & continuous improvement techniques? If this sounds like you then this could be the perfect opportunity for you...
Due to continued success a leading global manufacturing company based in Lancashire is looking for a Production Engineer to support new product introduction and continuous improvement projects at their site in Lancashire.
The responsibilities of the Production Engineer are as follows:
* Develop, document, and implement production processes and assembly methods needed to manufacture new products
* Review engineering changes and take appropriate measures to ensure all product documentation for the affected assembly operations (methods, BOM's, test procedures, etc) are updated to support the change
* Develop and implement changes in operational workflow as needed to improve and accelerate the flow of product through the facility
* Participate in DFMEA reviews and lead PFMEA reviews as related to new products.
* Implement and develop key measurables to identify and drive business improvements within the department.
* Improve the overall reliability and performance of plant, personnel and production equipment and processes.
* Help with installation and commissioning of new equipment and processes.
* Maintain and develop the delivery of finished products in line with cost, quality and production schedule requirements.
* Implement standard operating procedures across all areas of responsibility.
The successful Production Engineer will have the following skills / experience:
* Experience of process engineering within an operations environment.
* Experience managing significant projects.
* Experience of NPI (New Product Introduction)
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques and six sigma
* Strong problem solving skills and knowledge of PFMEA
* Good understanding of ISO & OHSAS requirements
* Ability to assess and upgrade procedures and systems.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel
The successful Production Engineer will be offered the opportunity to join a leading organisation. You will be offered a competitive package, long-term job stability and career development opportunities.
Please forward your most up-to-date CV together with salary details quoting ref 61080/DS or by calling Daniel Smith on (Apply online only)
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position.
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position