|Job Ref:||204633235||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Christchurch||Address:||Post Code:||BH23||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:22|
Mechanical Design Engineer - salary £25,000 - £30,000pa DOE
Our Christchurch based client is looking to recruit to their Design team a Mechanical Design Engineer.
We are actively looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Engineer who is motivated to expand their skill set to include steel work detailing. In house training will be provided to progress the individual's role within the Drawing Office and meet the unique requirements necessary for this position. A degree or similar level qualification will be necessary.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
* Designing and detailing of Electro- Mechanical hangar door components.
* Steelwork detailing of in house designed structural steelwork structures using Tekla X-steel software, training will be provided.
* Detailing of doors and structures which are safe, easy to manufacture, ship and erect worldwide.
* Producing arrangement and fabrication drawings.
* Producing parts lists, bolt lists and assembly drawings.
* Ordering materials.
* Attending contract launch meetings.
* Attending meetings with clients if required.
* Corresponding with clients, engineers and architects.
Doc Ref: HR5 rev a
* Particular attention must be paid to specification and customer requirements to ensure any modifications are agreed by the customer.
* Advising of any changes that may incur extra costs and charges.
* Particular attention must be drawn to our Company's requirements to fulfil its obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and CDM Regulations
* A sound knowledge, input and consideration is required concerning ISO9001, BS Standards, EN Standards and Factory Production Control.
* Compilation of data sheets and operating instructions for input to the Maintenance Manual which we are required to provide on completion of every project/building under the CDM Regulations.
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills
* Positive and progressive attitude
* Achieve high standards and continuous improvement
* Well organised to prioritise workloads
Our client based in Christchurch offers an excellent working environment and benefits. For more information on this Mechanical Design Engineer position please contact us on (Apply online only)