|Job Ref:||204633212||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Gaydon||Address:||Post Code:||CV35||Salary:||£28 - £35/hour Rate Dependant On Experience||Post Date:||07/10/2016 02:22|
As a Gaydon based Automotive OEM - we are looking for a Vehicle Weights Engineer to join our Engineering team within in order to work toward Vehicle Weight Targets when developing our latest vehicle range and in order to satisfy future fuel-economy / emissions obligations|
• Developing the strategy, product and process to deliver Prestige Sports vehicles in our Gaydon hand build vehicle factory.
• Within our Prestige production team to achieve Weight/Sustainability targets
• Performance and dynamic target delivery
• Ensure regulatory obligations for CO2/GHG and Life cycle assessments (LCA) are met
• Lead, manage and champion Weight and Mass Properties target development and delivery for future vehicle ranges
Key Skills Required:
• Intimate knowledge of whole vehicle architectures and components within a Project Engineering capacity.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate with other functions to achieve attribute objectives and resolve issues is essential
• Highly organised, with the ability to handle multiple vehicle programs and gateway deadlines under pressure and to time frames.
• Previous OEM automotive experience
• Knowledge of general engineering principles relevant to the design, development, testing and manufacture of technically engineered products
• Ability to work with technical and commercial information
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential to liaising with a number of internal and external parties, and carrying out a range of work tasks
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel for statistical analysis / BOM literate.
• PC Fluent (Email, Word, Powerpoint)
Applicants must possess the ability to work within the UK without the requirement of a Visa / Sponsorship as dictated by the clients requirements